• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Time to go into high gear (as if). Rumbles heard. People getting into position. Counts being taken.

Focus: Judiciary and HGO. TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED

Thank the ones who support us, and convince the ones who do not.

Let them know the economic impact of passing a gun ban. The top three gun manufacturers in this state (Beretta, LWRC and Adcor) are bringing $200 Million into this state this year, and they employ more than 1,000 Maryland residents. All that is at risk.

The folks most affected by a ban are those working jobs in Wicomico County, Baltimore County and parts of AA. Call the following people in earnest, but don't lose sight on the rest of the committees.

Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt (Wicomico), 410-841-3343
    Delegate Robert A. Costa (Anne Arundel County), 410-841-3551
    Delegate Wade Kach (Baltimore County), 410-841-3359
    Delegate Curt Anderson (Baltimore City), 410-841-3291
    Delegate Nathaniel Oakes (Baltimore City), 410-841-3283
    Delegate Jill Carter (Baltimore City), 410-841-3268
    Delegate Eric Bromwell (Baltimore County), 410-841-3766
    Delegate Kathleen Dumais (Montgomery County, Vice-Char Judiciary, head of gun working group), 301-858-3052

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Have the folks in the know found any additional arguments (aside from financial mentioned above) to resonate with the fence sitters? Or just get in a quick "please oppose" and move on?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Whatever you got.

The economic points are newer ones, and are not the only ones to use. I'd say give them whatever you think will work.

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    Don't forget PG is also affected if the ban is in place. That is where Beretta HQ and manufacturing is located.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Have the folks in the know found any additional arguments (aside from financial mentioned above) to resonate with the fence sitters? Or just get in a quick "please oppose" and move on?

How many have sent an "Old-fashion" telegram?
    Someone in the delegates office would have to sing for it?
    You get a receive recite that it was excepted?
    :innocent0

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt (Wicomico), 410-841-3343: Told the woman I was calling to ask about the Delegate's stance on SB281... asked to hold. Came back. Said she will be voting AGAINST 281. Asked her to pass along my thanks and that my friends and family would be watching the proceedings.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Delegate Robert A. Costa (Anne Arundel County), 410-841-3551: Woman stated Costa would be voting against.... I asked her when vote would take place. She said that hearing is complete and it will be going to vote?

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    in order of patrck's list
    opposed
    opposed
    opposed
    staff doesn't know
    staff doesn't know
    not sure, doesn't like fingerprinting
    opposed
    no answer

edit: Keep calling Del Carter especially, there is some room to swing her to oppose the bill!!

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Delegate Wade Kach (Baltimore County), 410-841-3359: Nice guy answered the phone. Said Kach is OPPOSED.... I asked if it was going to vote soon. He said they are running out of time.

I said that wouldn't be a bad thing. He laughed. I asked him to pass my thanks along to the Delegate.

KEEP CALLING FOLKS.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Delegate Robert A. Costa (Anne Arundel County), 410-841-3551: Woman stated Costa would be voting against.... I asked her when vote would take place. She said that hearing is complete and it will be going to vote?

Technically correct. The hearing was the 4 AM one we did a few weeks back. It's over. At this point the committee has to vote on it and any offered amendments. That is not exactly known by anyone right now because they don't have the votes to pass something. When they get something that can pass, they will do it.

The first target is tomorrow, but assume every day they don't do it will add pressure to vote it the next day.

If you have ever harbored ambition to go to Annapolis and just walk offices and hang out in committee room, the next few days are the right time. Don't wait, it could be over before you show up.

Get there before committee (generally noon or 1 PM) and a few minutes before they start - when they are all milling about and talking trash - go up and intro yourself. Ask them where they stand on SB281 and a gun ban. Thank the supporters and convince the fence sitters - give them the 30 second "gun control sucks" pitch and move on to the next one.

Tell them you are MSI, NRA, whoever. If asked who sent you, tell them, "all my neighbors and the 60,000 strong online community of gun owners in this state." We don't have secrets like the Bloomberg/Marylander for Gun Violence crowd do. We are not astroturf. I am proud of our team.

The more people who visit, the better.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Technically correct. The hearing was the 4 AM one we did a few weeks back. It's over. At this point the committee has to vote on it and any offered amendments. That is not exactly known by anyone right now because they don't have the votes to pass something. When they get something that can pass, they will do it.

The first target is tomorrow, but assume every day they don't do it will add pressure to vote it the next day.

If you have ever harbored ambition to go to Annapolis and just walk offices and hang out in committee room, the next few days are the right time. Don't wait, it could be over before you show up.

Get there before committee (generally noon or 1 PM) and a few minutes before they start, go up and intro yourself. Ask them where they stand on SB281 and a gun ban. Thank the supporters and convince the fence sitters - give them the 30 second "gun control sucks" pitch and move on to the next one.

The more people who do this, the better.

Alright. 'Tis decided. I'm going to Annapolis tomorrow. All I wanna know is... who's coming with me? WHO'S COMING WITH ME? Seriously. Who else is going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom