• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    We are looking to fill an IT position ASAP. We are a cloud computing provider/ application service provider/ whatever the industry decides to call it next provider. We are based in the DC area and have clients all over the country, rarely is any travel required as most clients that we service local networks for are in the DC area.

Once training has been completed the position will involve working from home to some degree depending on client needs. Pay will be determined by experience level.

We support a broad base of technologies both in house and for our clients, below is a list of some of the technologies we are looking for experience in.

Citrix
    VM Vsphere
    Virtual Iron
    Equallogic SAN's
    EMC SAN's
    Windows 2003/2008 AD,GP,Clustering etc
    Exchange
    SQL
    Networking - routing,VLAN's etc
    Cisco firewall and switches
    Watchgaurd firewalls
    Extreme switches

Requirements for the position:
    At least 3 years in the IT field in a paid position. Very strong work ethic and the ability to accept and overcome challenges. Experience with at least some of the above technologies. Ability to work well with others and communicate well with clients and coworkers.

kamikazeH20mln

Dec 12, 2009
    Ellicott City, MD
    Damn, I would of killed for this last year. happy where I am now, but if you are looking for some part time labor outside the M-F 9-6 hours, give me a heads up. miss that line of work.

3+ years in net admin with Citrix (Metaframe and VPN), VMware ESXi, Netapp, SQL 2005/2008, and Windows 2k3/2k8 with 300+ server datacenter, and 5 servers per 24 remote locations (file, print, Exchange, apps). wasn't the primary for Exchange (was doing more of VmWare and security things), but knew how it was structured and could do its basic things. did my MCSA on self study. familar with routing, VLANS, etc. from taking CCNA courses and working along side the Cisco engineers. use to work on an EMC SANS, but they are bitch to manage, but rock solid performance. VMware was kinder with NetApp over NFS or iSCSI.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Could you PM me with a little more info, or perhaps a website or contact information?

I am a fairly experienced (10 years in IT) senior systems engineer. I work mostly with VMWare and Windows on IBM fibrechannel SANs (have an MCSE, should be getting my MCITP Enterprise Admin next week), but I have some experience with almost everything you listed. Right now I run a VMWare environment with a large cluster that supports over 200 VMs (in a SAN environment, with VLANs, etc), and our overall server count is up around 300 or so, on Windows, HP-UX, and AIX.

I would be interested in more information on the position.

case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    Could you PM me with a little more info, or perhaps a website or contact information?

I am a fairly experienced (10 years in IT) senior systems engineer. I work mostly with VMWare and Windows on IBM fibrechannel SANs (have an MCSE, should be getting my MCITP Enterprise Admin next week), but I have some experience with almost everything you listed. Right now I run a VMWare environment with a large cluster that supports over 200 VMs (in a SAN environment, with VLANs, etc), and our overall server count is up around 300 or so, on Windows, HP-UX, and AIX.

I would be interested in more information on the position.

PM sent.

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    Would you PM me about this position, I have over 24 years of IT experience, and would like to explore this opportunity.

Thanks,

Bernie Manderville

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom