• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Since I couldn't stop at just one CZ-82, I decided to do a makeover on the one that was the roughest, at least cosmetically.

I had the pistol cerakoted (graphite black) at Bollinger Gunsmithing a couple of months ago which I think turned out great. They do a very nice job and stand behind their work. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Then the wait began for the Marschal grips. I ordered them on 5/21 and they just got here today. The results, at least in my eyes, was worth the wait! The options I got were: the wattle wood, red shellac finish, checkered with (CZ) logo. They feel great, at least in my hand and I am extremely happy with the results. I almost hate to take it out to the range it looks so purdy! :) Just had to share.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      58.5 KB · Views: 442
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      56.8 KB · Views: 432
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      61.3 KB · Views: 441
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      63.8 KB · Views: 446

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    That looks ridiculously good. What did you do for the sights?

I love the 82, no matter what you do to refinish it, the result is a vast improvement.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    That looks very nice indeed! And it reminds me I've had a CZ-82 in the safe that's needed a refinish for several years.
    :sad20:
    If I could ask, what did the cerakote run you?

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    That looks ridiculously good. What did you do for the sights?

I love the 82, no matter what you do to refinish it, the result is a vast improvement.

The sights were cerakoted. I'm debating whether to fill in the two dimples on the rear sight and the ramp on the front sight with some sort of paint but the gun looks great just the way it is. Plus I don't trust these shaky old hands as much as I used to and I'd hate to mess it up. :o

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    That looks very nice indeed! And it reminds me I've had a CZ-82 in the safe that's needed a refinish for several years.
    :sad20:
    If I could ask, what did the cerakote run you?

I believe it was around $225.00 which included dismantling and reassembly. It's about what I paid for the gun itself but I have no regrets. The cerakoting by itself was nice but the grips are what really set it apart, I think.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I literally just got back from Bollingers, they are good people indeed :thumbsup:

A CZ 82 makeover is very high on my list and Bollingers will be doing the work too

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Nice gun....and for what you have it in I'd much rather have that firearm then a off the shelf Glock or MP that you could get for close to the same money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom