• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    No, what I do advocate is confirmation from an unbiased, or preferably multiple unbiased sources prior to a public accusation.

The truth has no agenda. As long as it is the truth (and all indications are that it is), then it matters not whom is the agent of truth.

It would have been nice to have more than just one source initially on so many events in history, but big stories take time to develop and are often broken with only one source.

Greenwald's Snowden, then the WaPo and now multiple outlets. Sheryl Atkison on Fast and Furious then Katie Pavlich. Sheryl Atkison on Bengahzi and then everyone else (and still the details are sketchy).

The point I'm trying to make here, is you wish for as much instant gratification from biased sources on the other side of the fence. MSI, Del. Smigile, AGC, have all proven to be citizens first, lobbyists/reps second, and defenders of freedom.

Trust but verify, but there is an inherent element of trust in good folks, when their actions through out their public service show a proven consistency and track record.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Exceeding statutory authority again...

Yep. The list of identified assist police forces does NOT include who they've enlisted. The Transportation Authority Police, really?

COMAR 29.03.01.06

C. Upon proper completion of the application form, the dealer, dealer's designee, or designated law enforcement agency shall forward the original white hard copy of the necessary forms to the Firearms Registration Section. Upon receipt of the properly completed forms, the State Police shall conduct the required investigation.

Maryland Code, Public Safety 5-121

(a) On receipt of a firearm application, the Secretary shall conduct an investigation promptly to determine the truth or falsity of the information supplied and statements made in the firearm application.
    (b) In conducting an investigation under this subsection, the Secretary may request the assistance of the Police Commissioner of Baltimore City, the chief of police in any county maintaining a police force, or the sheriff in a county not maintaining a police force.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Here's what I want to know.... Is there a state agency at this point that WON'T know who has a firearm?

It's like they are using a list and crossing them off to ensure the news is spread.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    The screenshot, was it off your host? Sent to you from a different host? Was that host first authenticated through ipsec some kind of anyconnect tunnel then connecting to the page via port 80?

If I may, who are you in the scheme of things? Do you have any affiliation with MSI or an association that would benefit from the validity of the potential breach?

If any of you are wondering my motivation for questions like this. I really dislike propaganda, in any form, for or against any ideal. I equate it to a personal attack and nothing more than a form of manipulation of my views. I am, by my nature, a skeptic and if anything I hope that my questions will either strengthen your argument or bring truth to light before you commit your opinion to a flawed argument.

the bunny

Is this Martin Owemalley? :lol2:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I think that is a nice bonus I am sure the gov thought about - a perfect "accidental" breach of information.

This could have been done and we would never know. So if you right start thinking about why they want us to know.. right now I have no ideas, but if you are right there is a reason the breach was this noisy ...

Put on your tin hat if you need to. It could be important to establish motive...

Seriously The allegation alone it not enough....

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    great idea

A lawyer (especially one who has paperwork pending) on the board should file an emergency injunction to stop this from continuing. Yes it would put the brakes on the processing, but it would cause the government to act and really bring everything out in the open.

8th day will still continue. I'd like to see C&C get some treatment as well. Hey, crime will go down in the process. Donate to the NRA people.

This could have been done and we would never know. So if you right start thinking about why they want us to know.. right now I have no ideas, but if you are right there is a reason the breach was this noisy ...

Put on your tin hat if you need to. It could be important to establish motive...

Seriously The allegation alone it not enough....

I pm'd another member with a possible scenario...it was so "tinfoil hat" I was afraid to post it!
    Another possibility is that MSP is so against SB281 that they want this thing to blow up...I know a lot of LEOs from local offices have been against it...

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    The truth has no agenda. As long as it is the truth (and all indications are that it is), then it matters not whom is the agent of truth.

Trust but verify, but there is an inherent element of trust in good folks, when their actions through out their public service show a proven consistency and track record.

I disagree, "truth" absolutely has an agenda, "Truth" is subjective. Throughout history wars, genocide, ethnic and religious cleansing, inquisitions and the like have all been committed in the guise of "Truth"

Data, is unbiased. Raw information is all I was asking about. As far as the guy who likes to think I want him to work for me.. no, I asked general questions that you chose to answer and when I didn't fall in line with a mindless acceptance of the information presented you then lash out.

Too lazy?? Yea, I could go research numerous pages, I could scan through 40 pages of commentary... or I could simply ask. "so, whats up with this" on a thread opened on the topic at hand. After several pages of insinuation, argument, and insults. The answer could have simply been.

"The MSP opened up vital personal information from their public facing webpage."

*My inquiry of evidence*

"There is evidence from a couple of sources but it is currently under investigation and thus we cannot discuss the details till it goes public."

POOF!! Done and then the conversation could go toward hypothetical implications.

For a group of people who like to spout their support and belief in freedom you all sure do have issues with anyone who disagrees with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom