• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    If anyone notices an issue with it let me know asap & I'll correct it this weekend.

Only thing I noticed is that the "previous owner information" boxes are not fillable.

But then again, do those fields actually need to be filled in for the annual registration? Or just for the initial registration?

Bryan

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    ericoak, register everything with MDSP in your name. To the best of my knowledge there is still no provision for a trust & I continually inquire regarding collectables.

On a different note, as always I'm late to the forum & never at the range but for those could use it here is a pdf folks can hopefully fill out, save & re-use as time progresses (if I got it correct). I chopped this one down to 3 pages & edited the replications I had to unique values but please check it to make sure what you enter doesn't carry over to other lines or pages.

If anyone notices an issue with it let me know asap & I'll correct it this weekend.

Happy registrations
    <1

Thats what I thought and did last year with no problems. Thanks.

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    Only thing I noticed is that the "previous owner information" boxes are not fillable.

But then again, do those fields actually need to be filled in for the annual registration? Or just for the initial registration?

Bryan
    Like you said, I've never used the "previous owner" sections on the annual but do on the initial registration.
    If someone can confirm these sections should be used on the annual I'll go ahead an add them. No point in having a form that's only 50%.

Thanks,
    <1

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Like you said, I've never used the "previous owner" sections on the annual but do on the initial registration.
    If someone can confirm these sections should be used on the annual I'll go ahead an add them. No point in having a form that's only 50%.

Thanks,
    <1

Another issue is that your DOB in the first section is replicated in the signature section at the bottom of page 1.

bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    I just did a form4 on a mg using a trust. I was wandering what I need to do as far as registering it with the state. I have until late sept anyway(well hopefully late sept) to figure it out but do I need to register it before I pick it up from the dealer or after. Im just tring to make sure I do it on time I know it says within 48 hours of taking possession.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I just did a form4 on a mg using a trust. I was wandering what I need to do as far as registering it with the state. I have until late sept anyway(well hopefully late sept) to figure it out but do I need to register it before I pick it up from the dealer or after. Im just tring to make sure I do it on time I know it says within 48 hours of taking possession.

Not until you take possession of it(when your form 4 comes back) from the dealer.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Interestingly enough, I could open the MSP document at work with an older version of acrobat (maybe 9.x?) and completely edit it... at home with the latest and greatest annual file, it is not editable and locks on 2011. Both OS's were windows (7 at home, XP at work.)

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I will be doing my initial registration in the next couple of days. If the previous owner was a FFL in Florida do I still need a DL#, DOB, Race and Sex?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I will be doing my initial registration in the next couple of days. If the previous owner was a FFL in Florida do I still need a DL#, DOB, Race and Sex?

I just fill in all of the information that I have. My last one was also from an FFL/SOT. I didn't have the DL# or DOB so I just wrote unknown on those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom