• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    "Directly related" leaves it in the hands of the gun control zealots to show how the things they want to do would actually - through legislation, within constitutional bounds - directly impact the events that unfolded. That's a higher bar than Schumer's bunch will want to admit. McConnell has actually set a bit of a trap for Schumer on this.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yea but Dimocraps will be Dimocraps!
    3A1D3A8E-DC0F-4FCB-8FBF-0224B773ABFD.jpeg
    5B4142AB-5F4C-4F1F-9FE9-7ABE5AD69AEF.jpeg

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Let's put aside the Constitutional arguments related to the 2nd Amendment for a moment and just look at things from a purely practical perspective. Which is easier: disarming or otherwise seeking to coerce 50 - 100 million people who own guns and risking all the consequences that come with such a decision or incarcerating (either in prison or a locked psychiatric ward) the relatively small number of people responsible for the overwhelming majority of homicides and aggravated assaults committed with firearms? The answer is obvious.

I'm not interested in compromise because the defenders of the right to keep and bear arms end up making all the concessions and the other side does nothing but take ground.

The 2nd Amendment is equal to every other Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. If our side proposed stripping convicted felons of the right to an attorney, the right to trial by jury, the right to remain silent etc. would anyone even humor such legislation? We all know the answer. If you can make it a crime to possess a firearm after being convicted of, say, armed robbery, why can't you make it a crime to hire a lawyer to defend you as a convicted felon? Why not pass a law that anyone convicted of a violent felony no longer has the right to remain silent in any future interrogation and that if they refuse to answer questions put to them by Police they face an automatic five years without parole? We all know why such legislation would never even be introduced, much less passed into law. I view the arguments in favor of ERPOs, gun free zones, "assault weapons" bans and the like to be similarly ridiculous, counter-productive and illegitimate.

We need to stop compromising. We gain nothing, the enemies of freedom gain everything and the mass shootings continue. Enough with the politics. Just say "No." If you can't ban the practice of Islam because a certain number of people practice Jihad, you can't ban semi-automatic rifles because a certain number of mental cases and sociopaths kill school children.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), a leading advocate for expanded background checks, hosted seven colleagues in a basement office in the Capitol Thursday afternoon for what participants described as an “organizational” meeting.

Sens. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) attended the meeting in person. Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) joined by telephone.

Nothing good happens in a basement Congressional office. I hear Clinton's used condom is still in there.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We probably have to pass it to see what's in it. I bet the Republicans are more than willing to do UBC. Wouldn't be surprised if they make "assault weapons" NFA. We will get nothing in return.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    We probably have to pass it to see what's in it. I bet the Republicans are more than willing to do UBC. Wouldn't be surprised if they make "assault weapons" NFA. We will get nothing in return.
    To me it seems like the right climate after the school killings maybe their ages play into the terror of it. Now liberal society sees an opportunity to save lives when they let millions of babies die or be murdered.

I am appalled by both methods of killing .

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Hillary is a carpet muncher...if she needed some kind of tongue condom (dental dam) then the other person isn't clean enough to waste time on. Or...is Hillary the one who needs the dental dam applied to protect the other person?

Either way...not something pleasant to think about.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I believe something will be done to further restrictions on people that had no knowledge of the event.
    Like me when I innocently went to my Pa. place of enjoyment held every Jan 1. Weherly's Gun Auction.

Pretty sure it was 2014. I could not resist a pretty sharp looking Glock 23-c. As per the typical process, the proper forms, transfer to Md ffl, etc, I won the bidding, paid for the gun, then waited for it to be shipped to Brownstone Trading Co. Westminster Md.

When I called to talk to Brad, Mrs Vosberg asked me, do I have my handgun permit? At this, I asked her what she meant?
    Long story short, this is when I learned ( was educated of the " had no knowledge of the event" FREAKING HQL went into force 2013. SON OF A BITCH @ now the extra costs and hassles of A-HOLE MD Law makers.

Despite the hassle, I am confident I made a good purchase in my first Glock and first 40 SW.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Let's put aside the Constitutional arguments related to the 2nd Amendment for a moment and just look at things from a purely practical perspective. Which is easier: disarming or otherwise seeking to coerce 50 - 100 million people who own guns and risking all the consequences that come with such a decision or incarcerating (either in prison or a locked psychiatric ward) the relatively small number of people responsible for the overwhelming majority of homicides and aggravated assaults committed with firearms? The answer is obvious.

I'm not interested in compromise because the defenders of the right to keep and bear arms end up making all the concessions and the other side does nothing but take ground.

The 2nd Amendment is equal to every other Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. If our side proposed stripping convicted felons of the right to an attorney, the right to trial by jury, the right to remain silent etc. would anyone even humor such legislation? We all know the answer. If you can make it a crime to possess a firearm after being convicted of, say, armed robbery, why can't you make it a crime to hire a lawyer to defend you as a convicted felon? Why not pass a law that anyone convicted of a violent felony no longer has the right to remain silent in any future interrogation and that if they refuse to answer questions put to them by Police they face an automatic five years without parole? We all know why such legislation would never even be introduced, much less passed into law. I view the arguments in favor of ERPOs, gun free zones, "assault weapons" bans and the like to be similarly ridiculous, counter-productive and illegitimate.

We need to stop compromising. We gain nothing, the enemies of freedom gain everything and the mass shootings continue. Enough with the politics. Just say "No." If you can't ban the practice of Islam because a certain number of people practice Jihad, you can't ban semi-automatic rifles because a certain number of mental cases and sociopaths kill school children.

This x100

well said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom