• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I ran across an article that Izmash just made an AK-12. The rifle is suppose to be totally ambi now.(yes I'm a lefty :D) I think it nice but don't like the looks too much always like the wood on an AK. Not even sure if it will be available for civilians anytime soon. Has anybody else heard anything about this new AK?

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    1327493402-tm-tfb.jpeg

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79112&page=5&highlight=ak-12

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I can guarantee that will likely never be importable.

The Saiga 12-S is very similar but again, built for military/LE use in Russia and is not importable because it is not a "sporting" shotgun by definition of US Code, and as interpreted by the ATF.

Read: http://atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

Doesn't matter honestly. Sporting saigas here that are imported are easily convertible to any kind you wish. SBS'ing is common here too.

I imagine Arsenal's FIME Corporation will do the converstions like they did with their SGL line for the AK-100 series.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Doesn't matter honestly. Sporting saigas here that are imported are easily convertible to any kind you wish. SBS'ing is common here too.

I imagine Arsenal's FIME Corporation will do the converstions like they did with their SGL line for the AK-100 series.

Conversions, maybe. I have seen SGL rifles with factory Russian/Izhmash folding stocks, but never a shotgun. I've never seen a Saiga 12-S side folder stock or trunnion available anywhere.

I would love to have one of these but after spending countless hours researching doing my own build of a Saiga 12-S it's my understanding that the guns themselves and their parts are non-importable. A copy being produced here is entirely different, I'm just saying you'll never get a pure one from Russia, in the same way that Arsenal's rifles aren't purely Russian. Awesome? yes. But it's full of US parts to make it compliant with the law.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Its butt ugly!!!:innocent0

AK's have never been handsome rifles - the VEPR aside of course.

Speak for yourself.

I think they are beautiful works of art. Every aspect of it fits together as a masterpiece of engineering combined with looks especially since every country who made the AK added their own unique flavor to the design making them more collectible IMO. I can literally stare at an AK for hours and be mesmerized by the way it looks and feels. Beauty is all about perspective and subjectivity. For instance I think the AR is ugly especially with all the tacticool stuff people put on there.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Well, once the AK-12 hits the stores in the states I'll pick one up. But I'm not holding my breath. Do I wish they would import them? Helllll yeah, but do I expect it to pass muster? Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom