• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    From J&G Sales:
    " ANNOUNCING A NEW J&G POLICY ON SHIPPING RESTRICTED ITEMS

For immediate release:

As state and local jurisdictions are increasingly passing laws which infringe upon the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, J&G Sales is implementing a new policy on shipping restricted items to these states and localities.

Effective immediately, laws that restrict firearms, ammunition, or magazine possession by law abiding citizens will also be applied to state and local law enforcement and government agencies in that jurisdiction. All residents will be treated equally. Honorable citizens, law enforcement personnel, and government agents, should all be allowed to utilize the most effective defensive equipment available.

J&G believes that there should not be a difference between the rights of citizens and those of government employees. This new policy will also help us to be sure we avoid the consequences of not conforming with the anti-firearm regulations in these various jurisdictions.

We expect to lose some revenue from government purchases, however we feel it is essential to defend the US Constitution by making a statement about the importance of the Second Amendment in maintaining our freedoms.

We await the day when all law abiding citizens will be able to possess the most effective means and tools available for self-defense regardless of where they live or for whom they work.

Thank you"

I sent a note to J&G thanking them for their public stance.
    "It says a lot about a company that puts principal above profit."

poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    good to hear that suppliers are taking a stand. I will be sending more of my business their way. Sending them a thank you now

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Just found this - add MIDWAYUSA to the list!
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...mag-and-ammo-sales-where-civilian-bans-apply/

I'm sending a request to AIM, Classic Arms, Century Arms, SAMCO and Widener's to see if they would go public, if they have not done so already. I know there are more vendors that I've forgotten at the moment who would/should also speak up.
    Maybe we can get enough national distributors and vendors to step up to really make a statement.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    The issue is the Major manufacturers need to step up or the Governments will always have someone to go to. I have not researched it but I would imagine that these companies make most money of the civilian population and if they stand behind us we have more power. ie; Colt and Smith & Wesson.

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    The issue is the Major manufacturers need to step up or the Governments will always have someone to go to. I have not researched it but I would imagine that these companies make most money of the civilian population and if they stand behind us we have more power. ie; Colt and Smith & Wesson.

I agree in principal with your sentiments, but the Big Boys have been playing this game too long and know where and how to keep their bread buttered. They will remain neutral as they have been and let us common folk decide which way the cash cow turns. The cow turns, but the money keeps flowing (to them). I don't recall seeing anything from any of these major players - pro or con since the AWB furor has resurfaced. And this is only the ones we commoners have interaction with. Remember what happened to S&W (under singular ownership back then) when they came out in favor of the Clinton-era AWB?

Who do you think is benefiting from our current and past self imposed (or should I say manipulated) panic firearms/ammo buying spree? Much like the manufactured 'oil shortages' of the 70s, 90s and current decade.

In a perfect world, 'do the right thing' would be PC, but this whole exercise is about the new PC - "Power and Control" - period. Better known as 'The New World Order' per direct quotes from our two most recent Presidents.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I took a stand on J&G. When I ordered two AKs from them I told them that living in Maryland I couldn't accept the six 30 round magazines that came with the rifles. I asked if they could do something with the shipping charges or otherwise offer some small token so I wasn't completely eating the cost of the mags, which they of course were then going to sell at the time for at least 10 bucks each. They said "no." I told them to keep the rifles and bought elsewhere. All they would have had to do was knock 20 bucks off the shipping and I would have been happy. Basically anything besides telling the customer to pound sand would have been acceptable.

As far as J&G's stand in not selling to LE in ban states, I would bet this is a real easy decision for them, and is a PR move more than anything because they probably don't sell jack to LE anyway.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    There's one more good thing about J&G Sales if you guys didn't know. Back in 2011, J&G Sales sued BATFE:

From J&G Sales's website:
    BATFE lawsuit info - Monday August 01, 2011
    As many of you may have heard, the BATFE has sent a demand letter to all the licensed firearms dealers in the four border states of Arizona, New Mexico, California, and Texas. This letter requires these dealers to report to the BATFE the names and addresses and serial numbers of all purchases of more than one semi-automatic rifle, with a detachable magazine, over 22 caliber, within a 5 business day period.

The BATF and Department of Justice has made this demand with no Congressional authorization and therefore, J and G Sales has filed suit in the Washington DC federal court challenging the legitimacy of this new regulation. We are being assisted in this law suit by the NRA as well. We hope the outcome of our challenge will be a reversal of this unconstitutional regulation for all border state FFL dealers. We appreciate our customers and your support of the 2nd amendment and will keep you all updated as this case progresses.

This new regulation goes into effect for all purchases that occur on or after August 14th, 2011. The BATFE has issued a new form 3310.12 that FFL dealers have to fill out and return to the BATFE starting on this date and going forward until this is hopefully reversed.

more info below:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=62741

http://www.azfamily.com/news/AZ-gun-stores-sue-over-bulk-gun-sales-rule-126743668.html

7A38

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom