• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    I ran across some Bourne trivia ( specifically about "The Bourne Ultimatum". Seems his sidearm of choice is the SigPro SP 2022, my favorite pistol. ( Although he also uses a Beratta 92 FS and a Glock 17 from time to time).

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    There is another Bourne movie coming in August. Matt Daemon will not be in the movie but it work off of the "Super Spy" premise.
    Looks like a must see.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    The gun is actually a mistake in the movie, IMO. The first time he uses it is with the Russian police in the pharmacy. This a monumental screw up because it is right after the ending of Supremacy, so he should still be using a Sig P225 that he used at the end of that movie. The second is in New York when he threatens the Treadstone doctor and Nikki (seperate times). Strangly, the gun miraculously transforms into a glock and back again a couple times during those scenes (its really funny if you watch carefully). Since all the CIA folks around him are using Glocks, and Bourne was supposed to have taken the gun from one of them, I don't think the SigPro should have been in those scenes at all.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    A Highpoint or SIGMA would have been comical. I picked up on the SIG P6 when watching the movie.

Watch "The Substitute" carefully for people pretending to be bada$$ mercenaries with Sigmas... and Goldmember to see one being carried by a midget. I can't decide which is funnier.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    829-63-1204

That was issued when he lived in Nixa, Missouri... in the movies. Of course, this was long before David Webb killed the real Jason Bourne while leading the Medussa black ops team in and around Vietnam. :thumbsup:

Love the original trilogy (the Ludlum books)... must have read each three times.

Speaker2Wolves

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2012
    Since all the CIA folks around him are using Glocks, and Bourne was supposed to have taken the gun from one of them, I don't think the SigPro should have been in those scenes at all.

Yeah, continuity errors abound in most films. In this case, they may have gone back to reshoot a couple lines of dialog months after the first takes. Someone probably forgot to look up what weapon he used in that scene and got it wrong. Interesting that they have more control over wardrobe than weapons, eh?

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    It's a contiuation of the story. But its about a different asset, the new guy isn't replacing Daymon as Bourne.

MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    I would never decide on any purchase based on what I see in the movies. It was merely an observation.

I have read ALL Robert Ludlum's books. (None of the "continuation series since his passing).

I enjoyed the Bourne series as movie thrillers, but one must remember, they were very very loosely based on the books. The screenwriter of the Bourne Identity never even read the novel.

That being said, continuity is always an issue. But I just thought it interesting that I ran across some trivia that said at some point in the third he used the same sidearm that is my favorite.

No endorsement, just a FYI.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I enjoyed the Bourne series as movie thrillers, but one must remember, they were very very loosely based on the books. The screenwriter of the Bourne Identity never even read the novel.

It's really a shame what they did. Think about it... they turned Marie from a classy Canadian economist/diplomat into a homeless German bimbo. :sad20:

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Yeah, and then killed her off before we' re five minutes into the second movie, instead of fighting to get his mind back and raising a family together. The leftist slant of the radical changes from the books make it difficult to believe. If the films weren' t such action roller-coasters that don't give you time to think, the incongruities would be more obvious. They're fun but about a millimeter deep.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Sorry. I guess I missed the notice that this thread was a "Feelings-Free Zone".

(Please skip the next paragraph -- it expresses feelings. Then this thread can go back to more innocuous references to Jason Bournes favorite guns.)

[I guess I care about how "Bourne" was made into the victim of the evil CIA instead of a willing hunter of a mercenary assasin to suit the political views of the filmmakers. To me, that's a pretty major re-shaping of the story, even before we get to the changes to the Marie character. His friend Alex is also killed off, since he apparently doesn' t fit in with the new plot, and his other friend, Mo, never appears at all. Marie, Alex, and Mo are continuing characters in the books, but, after grabbing a few names of characters, the books were tossed aside and then they began telling the story according to Hollywood, where evil wears the face of government, military, police, or intelligence forces, and the only way to win against them is to steal, rob and kill faster and better than they do.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom