• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyhimd

Aug 12, 2014
    Need advice on how to get authoritative clarification from MDSP or otherwise...I'm trying to get a Jericho 941 fullsize steel frame, F model, 9mm. These have been imported under a lot of different names. The model I want is from IWI: http://iwi.us/Jericho/Jericho-F-Full-Size-Steel.aspx

If you search the MDSP handgun roster for "ISR" (Israeli) you get multiple companies/models, non of which exactly match what I'm searching for. Under Israeli Military Industries (IMI), a predecessor company to IWI, the 941 F model is listed with no specific model. Under IWI, only the Jericho 941 R-40 model is listed. (IMI was sold to IWI several years ago).

I have found the models I want on GunBroker, but can't figure out whether it qualifies under the handgun roster (http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=jericho+941+steel)

Thoughts on how to sort this out so I can get one of these into O'Malleyland?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_11.jpg
      ScreenHunter_11.jpg
      14.8 KB · Views: 352

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    This weapon is on the current Handgun Roster dated 7/01/2015……..knock yourself out!

flyhimd

Aug 12, 2014
    ??

From what I've read so far, the handgun roster does have it under IWI as it as a Jericho 941, but then includes a model number listed as R-40. The "R" model of the Jericho has a decocker/safety on the slide itself; the F model has a safety not safety/decocker) on the frame. Will this matter to the guys in Reisterstown?

flyhimd

Aug 12, 2014
    Yes, I'm looking for the safety on the frame. Which is the "F" model I think. The"R" model (the one that is listed as R40 on the roster) I think refers to the R model. So am I screwed?

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    There is a Jericho model 941 "F" in 9mm on the roster. Is that what you are looking for??

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    There is a Jericho model 941 "F" in 9mm on the roster. Is that what you are looking for??
    Desert Eagle Baby .45 ACP
    July 1, 2015 Page 64 of 146
    Manufacturer And Model Name Model Number Caliber
    Desert Eagle Baby 9mm, .40 S&W, .41 AE
    Desert Eagle .357 MAG, .44 MAG, .50 MAG
    Jericho 45FS .45ACP
    Jericho 941 9MM/41AE
    Jericho 941 F 9 mm
    Magnum .41 MAG
    Magnum Massada

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You should be good to go. I own exactly what you described.

Jericho 941 full-size 9mm w/ frame mounted safety.

The listed manufacturer of mine is IMI, which eventually became IWI.

flyhimd

Aug 12, 2014
    DC--W: I'm looking to get 9mm 941 F model, but the manufacturer its listed on the roster under is IMI The manufacturer is now IWI, which bought IMI. hat's what I'm worried about...not sure how MDSP looks at that. That's what concerns me. I have a pending GunBroker purchase. Maybe I should just call MDSP, but I don't want to wake sleeping dogs either.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    DC--W: I'm looking to get 9mm 941 F model, but the manufacturer its listed on the roster under is IMI The manufacturer is now IWI, which bought IMI. hat's what I'm worried about...not sure how MDSP looks at that. That's what concerns me. I have a pending GunBroker purchase. Maybe I should just call MDSP, but I don't want to wake sleeping dogs either.

Is this one of the older IMI Jerichos, or a newer model with the built-in rail? Either way, you should be fine. This gun has had tons of different names and I do believe the MSP is aware. I'd contact your FFL about any concerns. This is confusing, I know.

Mine is KBI imported from wayyyy back.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have one that is at least ten years old It has the IMI emblem on the grips and "Desert Eagle Pistol" engraved on the slide.

Does the one you're buying have "Magnum Research" engraved on it?

Some advice, make sure you get yourself some OEM Magnum Research magazines for it. They can be a little difficult to find and the aftermarket ones are terrible.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I have one that is at least ten years old It has the IMI emblem on the grips and "Desert Eagle Pistol" engraved on the slide.

Does the one you're buying have "Magnum Research" engraved on it?

Some advice, make sure you get yourself some OEM Magnum Research magazines for it. They can be a little difficult to find and the aftermarket ones are terrible.

So this!

As a matter of fact, since IWI imports these suckers themselves, order from them if you can. Or take a drive up to PA to find a shop that carries them.

iwi.us

flyhimd

Aug 12, 2014
    Thanks all for the advice and tips! I'm gonna risk it and have them send it from IWI. And order the Magnum mags.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Thanks all for the advice and tips! I'm gonna risk it and have them send it from IWI. And order the Magnum mags.

It's not an uncommon handgun and I do believe the new models are currently being sold by MD dealers. You should be GTG, though I must say IANAL.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I was the guy who submitted the 941F to the roster, and, yeah, it was a real IMI (not IWI) gun. It absolutely does not have Desert Eagle on it, or any import markings. (I love it!)

I don't know how the MSP will interpret the new ones, but I'd bet they'd let them slide. IWI is the privatized "Magen" small arms division of IMI. It's owned by SK Group, not IMI.

Also, the Mec-Gar and E-Lander 16rd aftermarket mags are perfectly fine. Don't give Magnum Research money that you don't have to. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom