• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Armed ferret's BCG and T-shirt arrived today. Great service, as always! Strong work JoeBob!

:party29:

I got 2 in the mail today. As always, JoeBob's turning and burning.

inkd - That means your BCG is going out in the next few days. It may be taking a detour with me to an unnamed location in Glen Burnie first though. :innocent0

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    :party29:

I got 2 in the mail today. As always, JoeBob's turning and burning.

inkd - That means your BCG is going out in the next few days. It may be taking a detour with me to an unnamed location in Glen Burnie first though. :innocent0

As long as it doesn't get painted pink or engraved with a 6 sided throwing dildo, it's all good.

I would get hazed unmercifully at the range if I showed up with that in a rifle!!!

:)

I appreciate it man, just send me an address to mail out the funds.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As long as it doesn't get painted pink or engraved with a 6 sided throwing dildo, it's all good.

I would get hazed unmercifully at the range if I showed up with that in a rifle!!!

:)

I appreciate it man, just send me an address to mail out the funds.

Any other time, you'd have given me a hell of an idea for a prank to pull.

Thankfully, I'm not that cruel. :D

beafly.cakes

I received the two BCGs. Super fast Joe Bob. Question though. This is my first AR builds so forgive me if this seems silly.

One of the BCGs has a very small rubber ring in the bag. The other doesn't. Did something come loose? Am I missing a ring for the second BCG? I see some split washers in the parts diagram for an AR BCG, but nothing like this little guy.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I received the two BCGs. Super fast Joe Bob. Question though. This is my first AR builds so forgive me if this seems silly.

One of the BCGs has a very small rubber ring in the bag. The other doesn't. Did something come loose? Am I missing a ring for the second BCG? I see some split washers in the parts diagram for an AR BCG, but nothing like this little guy.

That little o-ring goes under the extractor, on the spring under it - it's an optional piece to enhance the tension on the extractor. The other BCG likely already has it installed.

Of the 3 I've received, 2 were in the bag, 1 was pre-installed.

IMAG0106.jpg

Thanks again JoeBob!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No problem. :thumbsup:

It's pretty easy to install, I see it as cheap insurance so I went ahead and popped them in all of the ones I currently have.

Just another reason to buy from JBO - added extras you don't normally see in some BCG's.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    SOME customers prefer not to install them if they are just plinking at the range as they make a much firmer extractor tug on the brass. This is great for extraction, but can chew up the brass a little more. Due to this we started tossing them into the bag mid-stream rather than installing them, so the consumer can decide either way on this batch. We'll see what the consumer feedback is. We may switch back :D

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    Got mine today. Came with o ring not installed. Not sure if I should throw this BCG in my current rifle or build another around it.

Shipping was fast. I will most likely be buying a lower from you soon. Thanks again.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Got mine today :) only played with it a little so I have a stupid question... Is there an easy way to remove the enhanced firing pin retainer pin? I can get the standard one out with a fingernail or knife, but this is my first enhanced BCG.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Got mine today :) only played with it a little so I have a stupid question... Is there an easy way to remove the enhanced firing pin retainer pin? I can get the standard one out with a fingernail or knife, but this is my first enhanced BCG.
    Any pointed material. Pin, paperclip. I can use toothpick sometimes, the good thing about this you don't have to take it all the way out to drop the firing pin...:cool:

ReticulateLemur

Oct 29, 2012

Out of curiosity, what makes this BCG "enhanced"?

ReticulateLemur

Oct 29, 2012
    Straight from the horse's mouth. No offense Joseph :D

Fair enough. I'm doing my first build and I'm learning all of this as I go, so I wasn't sure if there was some other aspect to it. Kind of like your first car being a luxury model; you know you've got something better than everyone else but you're not sure why :)

bones2586

Living the madness
    Jul 14, 2011
    SoMD
    Received my order yesterday JoeBob! Thanks much, a flawless transaction, first of many! Few items on the "notify" and "wish list", hopefully in the near future they will be available!

Cheers! Thanks again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom