• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    So my old man decided to give me his reloading equipment. More to follow, I will be using this thread to ask for advice and help. This stuff is from the early 90s I think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367852362.218314.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Lyman turret press works good for me. Looks like a great start so now you are in the club

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    Yeah, he gave me a reloading book, too. I'm going to go through that and troll around a few reloading threads this weekend. I'll start looking for the things I need next week. Of course, now that congress approved another G*d d@mn tax, online deals won't quite be the same

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Yeah, he gave me a reloading book, too. I'm going to go through that and troll around a few reloading threads this weekend. I'll start looking for the things I need next week. Of course, now that congress approved another G*d d@mn tax, online deals won't quite be the same

Make sure you have at least two NEW reloading books. Bullets and powders can change over time. My Dad built some loads on the old Sierra book and they were a bit hot.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Congratulations. You are just in time start reloading when guys are pricing their brass like Gold and asking 10X what components are worth. You should find another hobby until Obama leaves office and this gun scare is over (once again) then you'll be able to find what you need and actually be able to afford it. My reloading is on standby until the money thieves, price gougers, and other Gold dealers are figuring out no one will pay their prices ( except for the really stupid guys who don't know any better )

I saw just yesterday some ding dong had a mere 150 rounds of .38 Special ammo for sale for $200.00 That's criminally insane. Actual retail price is about $45.00 Sad sad world we're in right now.

HOWEVER, ask the right people and you will get the right help and components without being taken advantage of. Don't be put off by my facts of the current reloading market, but, make sure you price check many sources before jumping in the fire.

My question is, What rounds / ammo are you expecting to reload ?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    its cool to be able to have ammo when others cant, as long as you can get components. what are you loading?

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    I admit, I got into it a little too late but after spending the first 100 or so on components I was in it for the Haul. But watching many online sites at odd hours has paid off for the most part. I have all the components I need for a few thousand rounds. which one one hand if you don't know what prices used to be don't ask. I have come to terms prices aren't fair when it comes to supply and demand , I just fall into the WANT IT category and have paid more for things at times than I should have. It is good to be a "DINK" I get to spoil me :D Happy Hunting for the main components aside from what you have and look at is as being ahead of the ball game a little.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You just have to keep looking. Their is stuff out there.

And just because a load is in a book does NOT make it a safe load for YOUR gun.

ALWAYS start at the low end and work up in small increments.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Pulled the handle on 100 5.56 rounds last night. Didn't need to stalk the Walmart to get ammo. Welcome to the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom