• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Non-gun related, but I didn't know if this affected people in counties other than eastern shore.

How many of you get daily junk mail in the form of flyers for grocery stores, kmart, ect?

It has no return address, only a permit # for presort postage paid, and an account number above "Postal customer" above my address.

Well, today I got sick of having to sort through it for real mail (because sometime envelopes containing real mail hide among the junk). I called the post office in my home town of chester, and got an "I'm not sure, but.....", and the easton post office with a similar response. A couple conversations later I learned that it all comes from "The Star Democrat". When I looked them up online, and found the number for new subscriptions (the one they answer the fastest) called, asked to unsubcribe, was transfered to a lady who answered "Chesapeake Publishing".

This lady, after hearing my description of the flyer book, said "We don't have anything to do with that". I persisted, saying "Oh really, well you are listed as the sender, The Star Democrat". She said "Sir, I'll let them know in the back to take you off the list".

We'll see how quickly I'm taken "off the list".

I'm sure this goes on elsewhere in MD, but how many counties this particularly shady company serves I do not know.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Bulk mailing is just that. The MVA, phone co. and others sell your address. Look at it and call the 1-800 number if it has it and then toss in the trash. If you don't want any "junk mail", easy take your box down. "Junk mail" makes the PO 95% of the income. Your carrier can be fired for not giving it to you. Now if you need to complain about the "junk mail" put it in writing. PO has the form and it is on line at www.usps.com
    The one to blame at the plant is Brian Landrey (sp). He is the head guy for the shore.
    Just wait and see what you get in your box come Nov.
    ATB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom