• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    The market still remains in turmoil with rates being all over the place (up in general) and purchased inventory being down. There is a lot of speculation rates will level out then (eventually) pull back a bit as they should imho. I think the days of 2/3% rates are definitely in the rearview, but hopefully some sense of normalcy will be coming soon. With CC debt at an all time high it gives me great pause, but I have seen a lot on my 26yrs at this, so I remain hopeful for brighter times.

So, all that said, I am starting to see purchase loans moving and well qualified buyers remain the bars of gold in my world. There are other creative lending solutions out there for sure, but I'm really conservative and walk everyone through everything before it's go time as many of you know. Please reach out if your curious about the market or have specific questions or scenarios you would like to discuss.

Talk soon everyone and be well!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Just a quick update...

As I'm sure everyone here already knows, rates are still all over the place and the recent conflicts in the world are increasing the market volatility. No need for more than that right now given world events that are obviously much more important. Prayers to those families impacted by the horrific terrorist attacks overseas.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    You youngsters should have been in the market back in the early 1980s when a 30 year fixed with good credit was at 12-15%.

At 50yrs young, I'll take that youngster tag happily these days! :lol2: I remember my parents getting 14% back then and being happy about it.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    You youngsters should have been in the market back in the early 1980s when a 30 year fixed with good credit was at 12-15%.
    I would gladly take 15% interest rates in exchange for the lower rates and insane run up in the ratio between home prices and incomes that we have today. Despite rates not being as high as they once were things are much harder today. Incomes have not kept up with the increase in home prices.

rates.png

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    We’re right in the middle of this mess. We put a down payment for a place to be built in a 55+ community and I think we are going to lose it all. House “hunters“ right now seem to be tourists, window shopping for something they like but no need and no sense of urgency. Our price is “just right” house “shows beautifully” but…

not the right fit
    kitchen is too small
    need a more usable back yard
    don’t like the layout
    blah, blah, woof, woof.

We are above average square footage with next to the lowest price in our immediate neighborhood. This is going to turn out to be the worst decision of my life. We’re already making plans about what to do to try to deal with losing our down payment. That is something we really could ill afford to do at this point in our lives. I am so pissed…

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I would gladly take 15% interest rates in exchange for the lower rates and insane run up in the ratio between home prices and incomes that we have today. Despite rates not being as high as they once were things are much harder today. Incomes have not kept up with the increase in home prices.

View attachment 435039
    Agree 100%! Bought my first house in 1987 for $84K with $20K down - Single family, 4 bedrooms, finished basement, quite neighborhood.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

View attachment 435039
    …and the folks f ing with the policies that drive these curves are less and less effected by the crap they force on the working man. They remain detached and unconcerned because it doesn’t affect them. Gone too are the days when voters made them pay for that type of behavior.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Rates are down a bit over the last month or so. Nothing super sexy, but there often in the 6's vs. the 7's before buydown options nowadays for those that are curious. Just an honest update :)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I heard on the radio the Fed may start to cut the baseline rate in Q3 2024. How long do those cuts typically take to reflect in the market?

I am a finance dullard

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom