• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Gun Shack had a plain-Jane M&P15-22 tonight at closing time. They also had a Mossberg 715T, three Ruger 10/22 Takedowns, one 10/22 stainless target camo, and one 10/22 stainless laminated. I think supply of rifles is finally starting to catch up with demand, although prices are still a little high.

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Got one a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it! Went to the range today and put some cci standards and cci stingers through it. Big difference in the two rounds...about 600fps difference! Now I want to dress it up with a red dot and fore grip!

HailSkins

Aug 13, 2009
    Hebron
    Update:

Took rifle out and had numerous FTE (every 3rd or so round). :mad54: Tried 4 different kinds of ammo and 3 different magazines. Waiting on a fedex slip to ship this thing back to S&W.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Do you know if your rifle was from someone's old stock or was it new from S&W. I've seen people speaking of this on the S&W M&P 15-22 Forum. There were 2 problems with early rifles that caused FTF / FTE. The bolt spring was switched to a blue spring and the extractor was bent to a specific new angel. If you go to the Official S&W Forum they have an M&P 15-22 page and one of the threads on it is a Serial Number Check to estimate the date of manufacture.

Not to rub it in but I am thrilled with mine -- I've shot just about every brand of ammo (bulk & match grade) and I have not had any issues to date. Pay close attention when you clean the rifle - the extractor can be bent if a patch gets snagged and you pull.

RP

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I'm on day 59 waiting on the nd on an m&p 9mm. Scooped one of these around day 30 to help pass the time. I wasnt crazy about the magpul version, so went with standard version with threaded barrel with flash suppressor. I have since added a much more ergonomic hogue grip which imo is way more comfortable than the magpul grip they offer. I finally was able to scoop some 22lr this week, headed to the range for the first time this coming weekend. Super excited!!! Cmon Friday!!!

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Do you know if your rifle was from someone's old stock or was it new from S&W. I've seen people speaking of this on the S&W M&P 15-22 Forum. There were 2 problems with early rifles that caused FTF / FTE. The bolt spring was switched to a blue spring and the extractor was bent to a specific new angel. If you go to the Official S&W Forum they have an M&P 15-22 page and one of the threads on it is a Serial Number Check to estimate the date of manufacture.

Not to rub it in but I am thrilled with mine -- I've shot just about every brand of ammo (bulk & match grade) and I have not had any issues to date. Pay close attention when you clean the rifle - the extractor can be bent if a patch gets snagged and you pull.

RP

From what I read on the s&w forums, it seems that most of the serial numbers with ejection problems were the non threaded barrel versions they originally produced, and in most cases were due to funky mag loading.

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have had a ball with mine, it is great I will have to get pics up , bought a inexpensive BSA RD30 for it, dialed it in and love it,, and it chews up just about anything I put in there.

Enjoy it sure is a fun rifle to shoot and anything that isn't a dollar a round to shoot is good in my book :D

HailSkins

Aug 13, 2009
    Hebron
    Mine has the non-threaded barrel. It only a couple of weeks old so I sent it back to S&W on their dime. I looked for serial numbers, mine starts with DZB.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Mine has the non-threaded barrel. It only a couple of weeks old so I sent it back to S&W on their dime. I looked for serial numbers, mine starts with DZB.

Cant say this from my own experience, word is that s&w customer service is excellent. Which was definitely one of the many reasons I chose the m&p1522.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Took mine out today. 50 rounds and one misfire but had to be the ammo the strike was on the rim with authority!!!!

Mine is pretty close to being dialed in. Just a little more time. I went today during "work" so only stayed 45 mins.

I really really really like this rifle. I even like the pronounced kick, pretending to be a baby AR..... :rolleyes: Will post target pic shortly.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My son (10) and I love ours. I have the MOE version and have about 2k through it. Eats most everything. Even more fun shooting suppressed. :D
    S&W CS is supposed to be top notch. Let us know the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom