• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    Searched the forums, the msp, and couldnt find anything specific...so just asking for clarity, because i may have missed something.

1. Since this is a gift to my spouse, all we need to do is fill out the forms and mail them in?

2. Do we need to wait 7 days (on the paperwork)? seeing as she already has "access" to the firearm, as it is in the household?

Thanks!

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    There is no need to transfer it at all. What's yours is hers and what's hers is hers. ;)

This one is effing hilarious... technically, between household especially ur wife. Its a loaner gun whenever she has it. And transferred gun when the paper comes back.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    And yes no hql after the 7 day wait expires and not while she waits for possession. Just like what everyone says, whats urs is hers...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    On the FAQ: http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/Sup...ense/FAQs.aspx

Quote:
    Q: Will I be required to possess an HQL by October 1, 2013, if I submitted a 77R prior to October 1 and have not yet received approval to retrieve my firearm due to the MSP backlog?

A: The Maryland State Police is currently seeking advice regarding this answer. Once a response has been received, an MSP Licensing Division Advisory will be issued.

from another thread. this bothers me because i am trying to do the same thing for my wife. i hope they straighten this out.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    On the FAQ: http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/Sup...ense/FAQs.aspx

Quote:
    Q: Will I be required to possess an HQL by October 1, 2013, if I submitted a 77R prior to October 1 and have not yet received approval to retrieve my firearm due to the MSP backlog?

A: The Maryland State Police is currently seeking advice regarding this answer. Once a response has been received, an MSP Licensing Division Advisory will be issued.

from another thread. this bothers me because i am trying to do the same thing for my wife. i hope they straighten this out.

By law, release of firearms after 7 days. That is the law they also followed and practice come what may. MSP backlog is a lapse of certain MSP's and nothing to do with the law. It's their law right...?
    Come to think of this, if you park your car and says 7 hour parking. You get ticket if you go beyond 7 hrs. Now, you park there 100 days without removing your car. Will you get penalized? Will they give you ticket? That is exactly their problem...

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    Searched the forums, the msp, and couldnt find anything specific...so just asking for clarity, because i may have missed something.

1. Since this is a gift to my spouse, all we need to do is fill out the forms and mail them in?

2. Do we need to wait 7 days (on the paperwork)? seeing as she already has "access" to the firearm, as it is in the household?

Thanks!

I am no expert on Maryland law, I do not believe that Maryland law going into effect 10/1/13 differentiates between family members and non-family members. I also would not expect the MSP to differentiate between family members and non-family members. It seems to me you best bet is to handle the transaction as if you were selling your handgun to a stranger.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    By law, release of firearms after 7 days. That is the law they also followed and practice come what may. MSP backlog is a lapse of certain MSP's and nothing to do with the law. It's their law right...?
    Come to think of this, if you park your car and says 7 hour parking. You get ticket if you go beyond 7 hrs. Now, you park there 100 days without removing your car. Will you get penalized? Will they give you ticket? That is exactly their problem...

i am going to do the transfer but that ******** from the msp just bothers the hell out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom