• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Few things are more emotionally taxing than dealing with idiots ... ask anyone who knows me.

Haha.

So, the good news is that she just called me back and said that "everything checked out" and that the rifle will ship tonight. I asked if she needs my CC for shipping and she said they will deal with later. I think that might be code for "this is on us." If so, I won't leave them negative feedback, but, still, "actually, sir, it says 1891."

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    This. Except for Mags and I THINK the flash suppressor. The internals do not swap with any Springfield M14 or M1A. I know a guy who has one :innocent0 that needs to take it to the range and try it out.

How well did the stock swap out? That guy I know that has one :innocent0 has been considering getting a USGI stock for his. Just not sure if there are a lot of benefits to doing the stock swap

By the way where did you get hte flash suppressor on that?

It was no problem with the Real M14 stock, but I had already had a nice M1a stock here and i think its a Springfield, well it was too thick and wouldn't work, so i went to a guy i know that bought 500 M-14 stocks and bought a fairly nice one from him. I can put you in touch with him if you guys need one, he has all different cond's and prices.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Berretta 51 came in despite the riots in Baltimore which delayed it till tonight just a bit ago. Definite wear.
    Bore is really nice and shiny,

Is importer saying where these came from?

Attachments

• image-4192531982.jpg
      image-4192531982.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 293
    • image-2066576640.jpg
      image-2066576640.jpg
      34.6 KB · Views: 293
    • image-1010050477.jpg
      image-1010050477.jpg
      44.1 KB · Views: 288
    Last edited:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I was in the LGS yesterday and made a rather expensive impulse buy. It was contrary to most of what I'd advise others to do, but I instantly liked the rifle and have always wanted a really nice 1903A3 shooter.

This is one of the rifles that was made up from original surplus parts, but it seems to be pretty well done. The receiver is Remington 1942, and it's matched to what appears to be a new 1944 Remington barrel. Almost everything else about it seems to be NOS Remington parts, except that it has a Springfield stock and a buttplate that's ...?

The stock was "refinished" by being sanded and stained. Yeah ... I know ... but I bought it as a really nice shooter. I'll probably put some BLO on it eventually, but I think I'll look for a contemporary Remington stock for awhile first. I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth the $ to get the right buttplate on it. It probably isn't, but I'll probably do that eventually anyway. It bugs me.

I'm not sure who did the work on this one, but there's a short list of the usual places. I don't have to post photos, because most of you are already picturing the thing anyway. To a non-collector, it looks like a near-new 03A3 ... which is basically what it is ... only it's been assembled out of NOS surplus parts, mated to a stock that looks nice at a few feet away, but it grates on me when I look at the sanding, etc.

Still, I like it a lot, for what it is, and look forward to shooting it. I've passed on all sorts of 03A3s for years, but now I've got one that should shoot like a new one--and that's not half bad!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Macodoc, That's still gonna be better than the converted drill rifles that AIM has sold once and a while for what ? $700/$800?
    Plus you can put your own signature on it w/ the stock treatment you apply.

Ok what was the $damage$ ?

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Berretta 51 came in despite the riots in Baltimore which delayed it till tonight just a bit ago. Definite wear.
    Bore is really nice and shiny,

Is importer saying where these came from?

The Krasne imported stuff is Israeli police surplus/impound.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Yes i do, But i need a addy out of state as the gun came without mags cause of Md law.

... UPS stores will accept packages and hold them for a reasonable time until you can pick them up. They charge $3 if you don't already rent a box with them.

I just had some magazines shipped to the Shrewsbury UPS store (next time I'll use Hanover; it's a little closer). Gregcotesllc.com ships by USPS flat rate, and the UPS people told me they can't accept any more USPS packages, but any other shipper is okay (I got my package with no trouble). The point is, it might not hurt to call first and be sure they can accept whatever shipper your vendor uses. Certainly UPS is okay!

Just put the UPS store as your shipping address and include your phone number. When it ships, call and tell them to expect the package. They told me I didn't really need to do that, but I'm sure it's a good idea. They will call and tell you when it comes in. Be sure you'll be able to pick it up within a week or less, to be safe. Mine arrived Wednesday and I picked it up Saturday.

I would be interested in a nice M14 stock like that if the price was right.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Enjoy my 5th M39. A "no date/no maker" built on an 1897-dated Tula receiver, with a matching bolt, mint bore and gorgeous as-new post-war stock. The bluing is a really interesting fatigue green color. It's actually pretty cool, and gives the rifle a little bit more of a "pop" than I'm used to. This is up there on my list of favorites.

IMG_6718.jpg

IMG_6711.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

1b41283b-8409-469f-95de-ddde309919a5.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Enjoy my 5th M39. A "no date/no maker" built on an 1897-dated Tula receiver, with a matching bolt, mint bore and gorgeous as-new post-war stock. The bluing is a really interesting fatigue green color. It's actually pretty cool, and gives the rifle a little bit more of a "pop" than I'm used to. This is up there on my list of favorites.

That there's right purty...

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    96/11 from AIM

Got my Handpick 1896/11 from AIM today. Quite pleased with it.
    All matching, pretty good stock and metal, nice bore. It did have some surface rust in areas that I had to tend to. So did my 1911 from SOG. No Me Gusta on the Import Mark.

The numbers on the inside of the stock match, but not sure what the number is on the rear by the BERN marking.

Attachments

• 9611 L Full.jpg
      9611 L Full.jpg
      22.1 KB · Views: 346
    • 9611 Rec Right.jpg
      9611 Rec Right.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 352
    • 9611 SIG mark.jpg
      9611 SIG mark.jpg
      27.4 KB · Views: 357
    • 9611 Stock Markings.jpg
      9611 Stock Markings.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 354
    • 9611 Import Close.jpg
      9611 Import Close.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 342
    • 9611 Rec Top.jpg
      9611 Rec Top.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 346

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Here is my 1889 I got a couple weeks ago. Finally got around to taking some non-cell phone pics (my pic taking skills are still terrible, my horrible lighting doesn't help)

Attachments

• 1889 Full.jpg
      1889 Full.jpg
      18.4 KB · Views: 349
    • 1889 Rec R Close.jpg
      1889 Rec R Close.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 354
    • 1889 Rec R Mid.jpg
      1889 Rec R Mid.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 348
    • 1889 Rec R.jpg
      1889 Rec R.jpg