• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    My card was charged on January 7th and I am still waiting... I am dying to buy another M1 Garand (I have a collector grade but want a service grade that can be more of a shooter), and M1 Carbine, and a Mosin!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    My card was charged Dec 28th....called BATFE today, but they said 60-90 days. Gotta keep waiting....

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    I called them on Friday (BATF). spoke to a very nice lady. She took my SSN and gave me a file number. The file number would be helpful if I called again. She told me mine was received on the 3 of January and that there were no issues. They are running 60 to 90 days on average.

My coworker just received his 2 weeks ago and he mailed it in a week after I did.

So your mileage may vary.

After wrestling with the decision whether or not to renew my C&R or let it go given the political climate, I decided to renew.

Since nobody has posted the contact info for the ATF Ombudsman, here it is (the post I took it from was from 2006, but the same lady were referenced elsewhere as recently as 2010)

Marianne C. Ketels, Ombudsman
    U.S. Department of Justice
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms
    650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
    Tech World, Suite 844
    Washington, DC 20226

Telephone: (202) 927-3538
    E-mail: marianne.ketels@atf.gov

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I called them on Friday (BATF). spoke to a very nice lady. She took my SSN and gave me a file number. The file number would be helpful if I called again. She told me mine was received on the 3 of January and that there were no issues. They are running 60 to 90 days on average.

My coworker just received his 2 weeks ago and he mailed it in a week after I did.

So your mileage may vary.

I wonder if your state of birth = current state of residency helps speed things up?
    I was born in another state :(

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    C&R arrived today!! Card was charged on Dec 28th. License arrived today, 2/27. Making copies of it at work tomorrow...who still has CZ82s???

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    Received mine today as well :thumbsup:
    Mailed 12-28-12
    Account charged 1-1-13 (yes, New Year's Day lol)
    Recvd 2-27-13

61 days mailbox to mailbox.

Must have had a batch go out. I mailed mine on 27 Dec, charged on 1 Jan, received today (exactly 2 months). Now I'm waiting for the "welcome packet". The biggest question is can I make a purchase before any laws change.:mad54:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Now I am wondering if I should get a cz 82 with my C&R or just buy it regulated (?). If I get it regulated, then I will never have to register/reregister/whatever they are calling it (if omalleys bill passes). If I get it with C&R, then I think I will. (?) Thoughts?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    After wrestling with the decision whether or not to renew my C&R or let it go given the political climate, I decided to renew.

Since nobody has posted the contact info for the ATF Ombudsman, here it is (the post I took it from was from 2006, but the same lady were referenced elsewhere as recently as 2010)

Marianne C. Ketels, Ombudsman
    U.S. Department of Justice
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms
    650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
    Tech World, Suite 844
    Washington, DC 20226

Telephone: (202) 927-3538
    E-mail: marianne.ketels@atf.gov

I sent my renewal in mid-November for a Feb 1 expiration. Still hasn't arrived, but a phone call to BATFE got me a letter that stated my license had been extended by six months. The letter has been used since in a couple C&R transactions. I was told that if my renewal didn't come through by the end of the first six months (!) I could get another letter.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now I am wondering if I should get a cz 82 with my C&R or just buy it regulated (?). If I get it regulated, then I will never have to register/reregister/whatever they are calling it (if omalleys bill passes). If I get it with C&R, then I think I will. (?) Thoughts?

Get it now. It will be cheaper, probably of better quality, and you'll have the use of it as well. And maybe you'll be looking for another state to live in before long.

I believe SOG got in a new shipment. I got a real nice one from Classic Arms a month ago.

L/H Savage Man

L/H Savage Bolt Ation
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'm must be the lucky one. Mailed my renewal in on 1-15-2013 received it on 2-22-2013. Good until 3-1-2016. Pretty fast considereing what I'm hearing from the rest of you guys. I always use a U.S. Post Office money order in with my renewal. Who knows maybe that helps speed things up when you are dealing with the federal government.

Last edited:

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    Finally received my C&R license today! Tomorrow I will be making plenty of copies and faxing them to various retailers! M1 Carbine here I come!

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I glad the neighbors stopped thinking I'm strange, Mon to Sat I run out to meet the postman, finally my C& R Lic showed up.:bannana:

Mailed 2-6-2013 Credit Card Charged 2-14-2013 LIC delivered 4-27-2013 :tantrum:

Now I'll run outside every time a Brown truck come down the street!:clap:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom