• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    In the middle of June, Luke 12:49 and I sent in our C&R applications. I had an extra application and gave it to Luke"s brother who lives in PA. He sent his in the first week of July. He got his C&R in the mail this week. Is it just Maryland or what? I can't figure out why it takes a PA resident 4 weeks to get a C&R and the average in MD is 2 to 3 months!:mad54:

Karl/PA

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Chambersburg
    Each person in the licensing office is in charge of issuing licenses for a number of states. PA used to be the worst but they added more people in Atlanta since the nationwide demand increased. Give them a call @ 404-417-2750.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am so indescribably and exquisitely pissed off right now - they NEVER GOT MY C&R app. I've been waiting for like two months for no reason!

Guess I'm going to be filling out another one tonight... and calling my Congress critter's office to have them expedite it.

SO ANGRY!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I am so indescribably and exquisitely pissed off right now - they NEVER GOT MY C&R app. I've been waiting for like two months for no reason!

Guess I'm going to be filling out another one tonight... and calling my Congress critter's office to have them expedite it.

SO ANGRY!
    DO you ever pass through Bowie?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I have three extras - I just don't want to have to wait another two or three friggin' months for them to process it (or not).

Yeah, this sucks for you. YOu do not know if they found it today and are working on it, or just lost it and may never get back to you.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, this sucks for you. YOu do not know if they found it today and are working on it, or just lost it and may never get back to you.
    Well, I called the licensing office today, and got a "DURRRRR WTF are you talking about?" response, and as it seems they never billed me, I guess the USPS or someone else ate my filled-in app. I guess I gotta send a new copy to the CLEO, too.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Well, I called the licensing office today, and got a "DURRRRR WTF are you talking about?" response, and as it seems they never billed me, I guess the USPS or someone else ate my filled-in app. I guess I gotta send a new copy to the CLEO, too.

IMO I don't think you need to send a duplicate second copy of your application to your LEO. Since there is no difference from the first one they have, all the information they need to act on is already in their possession. A second one might just confuse them or make them think you are up to something.

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Hey! I just called that number, 404-417-2750 and after a hold got connected with a guy for C&R's. He checked mine by name (they ask for your federal number first, I guess they assume it's a renewal), found it, gave me my new license number and processed it on the spot. Said he hadn't gotten to it yet - from May 28, 2009 and they debited my account on June 8 - did it while I waited and said it's going out today and will take about 6 business days.

Call 'em, dudes. They do it on the spot sometimes!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMO I don't think you need to send a duplicate second copy of your application to your LEO. Since there is no difference from the first one they have, all the information they need to act on is already in their possession. A second one might just confuse them or make them think you are up to something.
    Considering I mailed both at the same time, I'm worried that the CLEO might not have seen mine, either.

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Maybe but your obligation is to mail it to the CLEO. What they do or don't do with it is not an issue you need to worry about, IMHO. I don't have any idea if he even saw mine and I know the guy. He's never mentioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom