Just moved to MD and figured I should join :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C

Clthomps

Hello,

I am new to these parts, I just moved from upstate NY, and am shocked at the restrictions in this state. Also the lack of gun ranges that don't cost a kidney to join. I am currently in Odenton and would love some information on a good range, and if anyone knows of land that is available for hunting that is not populated by ignorant / irresponsible "hunters" I would appreciate it.

Well thanks, I am off to post on some forums!

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Welcome from The 'Dena. :party29:

You might want to look into AGC for a range. Link is below in my sig. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Hello and welcome to MDS.

Please consider joining Maryland Shall Issue, the only grassroots organization fighting for your 2A rights in MD.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Attachments

• MSI_Banner.jpg
      MSI_Banner.jpg
      9.6 KB · Views: 89
    Last edited:

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    Indoor Range close to Odenton is On Target. http://ontarget.biz/index.html

All in all a good indoor pistol range. They could use some improvements in lighting and maybe some other areas, but you'll find a lot of us on the forum are members there.

I wouldn't buy a gun there at those prices, I only go for the range. Weeknights are empty, weekends are slam packed. I've never had any problems with the staff. They do have a semi-decent selection of rental guns if you're looking to try before you buy.

$200 for first year, and $175 to renew each year thereafter. It's worth it if you go at least once a month. Call ahead, no waiting. If you bring your own ammo and targets, it doesn't cost you a dime for as long as you want to stay. November members only sale with raffles and door prizes. This is my first year with them, so I'm curious to see what that entails.

Downside is you're often next to beginners who can make you nervous for a number of reasons. It's a public range. That's what you get.

my 2 cents...

C

Clthomps

Welcome. You'll be informed soon to get a c&r, and join MSI, and all that stuff. Welcome to the madness.

I just sent in the paper work and my $30, Hopefully it wont take to long.

I looked at ontarget, and while its great for pistols, I am a rifle man at heart, I need some where I can fire my high powered toys ;)

C

Clthomps

Can someone tell me what AGC range is the closest to odenton or Crawford. I checked out the sight and it seems to be what I am looking for, but my grasp of local geography is limited at best. I think the largest towns around me are bowie, and glen burnie.

Thanks again

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Take a look at these links – LOTS of good info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Before you proceed with ordering, [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]LOOK HERE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]. This is important![/FONT]

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Can someone tell me what AGC range is the closest to odenton or Crawford. I checked out the sight and it seems to be what I am looking for, but my grasp of local geography is limited at best. I think the largest towns around me are bowie, and glen burnie.

Thanks again

There is only one AGC location, although there are several ranges on the property. All the various Associated Gun Clubs share the facilities. If you join any one of the clubs, you get full access to all facilities.

Club dues vary from club to club, maybe $20 to $40. Joining one allows you to purchase a range badge ($150 per year, but you should be able to get one for $75 good through January 2012.) I believe Baltimore Rifle Club has no meetings, no activities, and about the lowest club dues ($15???). It exists only to allow people to get a range badge. Other clubs, like Monumental or Arlington have lots of activities, lots of support, regular meetings (not mandatory), and cost about $40.

There are small to medium size clubs like Maryland Rifle and Stemmers Run you can check out also. Confused yet? Just read over the information on the individual club websites and get in touch with the club's contact person. If you want to keep it simple, just join Monumental.

I belong to Monumental, $40 for the club and $150 for the range badge, total $190.

The AGC is located at the extreme lower left hand (southwest) corner of Baltimore County, at the intersection of Marriottsville and Wards Chapel Roads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom