• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    After looking at the crowning tools that Midway and Brownells had to offer and doing price comparisons, I finally settled on the Dave Manson Precision Reamer tool set. I thought long and hard about this as the price is kind of high, but in the end the Youtube videos convinced me that the the tools are just in a league of their own. I should get them in about a week and I will be recrowning an old Remington bolt action 22, a Mosin Nagant 91/30 and lastly a H&R Handi Rifle in 30-30. I got the two pilot set as the MN and H&R can use the same pilot. Anyway, I can't wait to try these out! Has anyone had any experience using them?

dlc

Jul 17, 2014
    I'm looking into the Mansion Precision reamer also... how did this work out for you? Anyone else?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Manson stuff is good. I have a bunch of his go/nogo gauges and a couple chamber reamers.

ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    They worked out really well for me. It was easy to set up and do. I cleaned up a bad crown with a target profile in no time. I certainly felt more confident with the center guide there than with other methods.

dlc

Jul 17, 2014
    Awesome. This was my first post to the forums, thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna go ahead and get the set and I'll share my results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom