• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    Just purchased my first AR. Bushmaster Carbon 15. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it this market it'll do. Now I need to figure out how to get 5.56/.223. I may try and barter with my stash of 9mm.

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    Congrats on the new purchase. Have lots of fun with it and above all else be safe. Plus pics are a must. Also welcome to the forum.

I don't have it in hand yet, but its an off the shelf carbon 15 with red dot scope. I will obviously be safe. This is my first AR, but not first gun. I will be sure to be extra careful and triple check everything with this new firearm.

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    Congrats on the purchase! I bought one of those myself on 1/8. Still waiting for the "7-day" wait to finish though :banghead:

Robert Avery

Sep 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Be careful of steel cased ammo as they did a Test with it and found that it created premature deterioration of the Barrel and choked up the Gas tube. I would stick with Brass cased ammo even though you might have to spend more for it you will be thankful and your rifle will thank you.

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    Be careful of steel cased ammo as they did a Test with it and found that it created premature deterioration of the Barrel and choked up the Gas tube. I would stick with Brass cased ammo even though you might have to spend more for it you will be thankful and your rifle will thank you.

Thanks, I always use brass in my pistols.

Robert Avery

Sep 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    It's not the Steel case that is the major problem, it is the powder and bullet used. Apparently when shot the combined steel and powder create a acidic cocktail along with the inferior bullet that causes the rapid throat erosion and premature Barrel destruction in less than 5,000 rounds but will choke the gas system earlier at around 1,600 rounds.

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    It's not the Steel case that is the major problem, it is the powder and bullet used. Apparently when shot the combined steel and powder create a acidic cocktail along with the inferior bullet that causes the rapid throat erosion and premature Barrel destruction in less than 5,000 rounds but will choke the gas system earlier at around 1,600 rounds.

Interesting. I may have to dome some research on this. Either way I'd probably never use steel cases in any ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom