• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Greetings,

I only found out about this site this week and am already getting some really good stuff from you folks. Glad to hear of some others in the area that share similar interests.

Some notes about issues read in other threads. I was really surprised it the slap the CZ-82 has compared to my EG and Bulgie Maks because of the use of the same 9x18mm. Much more so than the Sistema, 9mm Star, P-38 (& P-1), or even the CZ-52.

Tackle Box: I too have found their prices high in the past but choices in our area are really slim. It didn't help when I was in there a coulpe of years ago and asked about Makarovs and was told 'Commie junk', unsafe, no ammo available. I did stop in recently looking into a .22 revolver as a stepping stone toward a .38spl or 357. They had a real nice early S&W K-22. Much more than I had intended to pay (had a line on an Iver Johnson for $160) but $420 out the door with my C&R was to much to pass up. High but its real nice and I got to hold it, that K frame just felt right.:innocent0

Again greeting to all, C&RDAZE

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Welcome to the board.

I have only had a chance to shoot about 25 rounds at a time through my CZ82 so far, but I guess it fits my hand so well that I don't think it kicks as much as my CZ52 despite the 52 being a half pound heavier. But then again, I like shooting S&B Tokarev ammo and it is much hotter than most milsurp 7.62x25.
    I also shoot one handed 90% of the time, so maybe that is another reason I don't feel the slap on the 82. Maybe my arm flexs and absorbs the shock away from my hand?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Welcoome aboard.

Hope that you can join us for the group shoot on the 28th

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    28 October shoot

Sorry but I will be flying to San Francisco that day for work. I'm just glad I'm visiting rather than being stuck there.:lol:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Could your post count record be in jepardy Norton??? Looks like Novus is gaining ground...

Could be. With my work scheudule lately, it's been tough to really do more than keep the spammers at bay.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Welcome to the board.

I have only had a chance to shoot about 25 rounds at a time through my CZ82 so far, but I guess it fits my hand so well that I don't think it kicks as much as my CZ52 despite the 52 being a half pound heavier. But then again, I like shooting S&B Tokarev ammo and it is much hotter than most milsurp 7.62x25.
    I also shoot one handed 90% of the time, so maybe that is another reason I don't feel the slap on the 82. Maybe my arm flexs and absorbs the shock away from my hand?

I usually shoot isoceles, but I can only shoot decently with my CZ-82 using one hand. Right or left, it doesn't matter. Maybe it's a sign, I need one for each hand :D

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I usually shoot isoceles, but I can only shoot decently with my CZ-82 using one hand. Right or left, it doesn't matter. Maybe it's a sign, I need one for each hand :D
    Awesome idea. Now I am going to start trying to shoot with my left so I have an excuse to buy a second one too.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    What is this "CZ-82 slap" you puny girly-man weaklings refer to? :D

j/k... I have only shot my CZ82 with inexpensive Lake City FMJ's, so
    I have nothing to compare it to. But, I find the perceived recoil to be
    less than my friend's 92FS in 9mm, and MUCH less than his Glock 22
    (.40 S&W). I could shoot the '82 all day long, but can't tolerate more
    than a couple of magazines through the G22.

Maybe the stuff you guys are shooting is hotter than the LC 9x18mm,
    has anybody here shot the stuff in their '82 and can comment?

p.s. WELCOME!!!!

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    I have no problem shooting 100+ rounds through my CZ. I was surprised it has the kick it does. I was expecting a little. It has more than just a little. Must be the ergonomics.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Sorry but I will be flying to San Francisco that day for work. I'm just glad I'm visiting rather than being stuck there.:lol:

You might want to rephrase that sentence. Using "stuck" in the same sentence as "San Francisco" is not one that conjures up the most pleasant of images :D

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hi Krob,

Welcome aboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member