• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/180

5706Detail.png

i like it...except for that damn hook. it wouldnt be so bad if the handle extended down to cover it, but just like on the chopstick model bare steel against bone is a major pain.

i also see their no longer making them in taiwan, now in the us which is nice :party29:

i think ill have to snag me one of these.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Well i ordered one, 100 bucks ...not bad .

Ill do a review of the three i have sometime, the chopstick, death dagger and this one. Corney names, but so far solid designs

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Yea it really is just a mini version...i love the idea of it, if they balanced and shaped the blade right it will be one hell of a cutter

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Those look quite nice...clean designs as well. Price tags and wait are a real bummer though

I also dont like my blades to be so...pretty...i feel bad using them, regardless of how well their made...lol

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    well i got the new one today...took it to the woods for a little testing before i do a review on it. i will say this, being US made shows in the sharpness...dagger and chopstick made in taiwan are pretty damn sharp, but this is noticeably sharper. paper cutting is easy...and after about 150-200 chops into random types of wood, the edge has taken zero damage. the blade has some good weight to it, lighter than a kukri, but still noticeable...switch backs and quick chops are quick and effortless. i took down a 4" sapling in 30-45 seconds with minimal force or effort, took about 35 swings if i had to guess...arm hadnt even begun to feel tired after this first run with it.

enough good, the gripes so far. again, that damn hook...the bane of these kabar designs. while the finger grove helped keep my hand away from it there were a few times where i would step my hand back some for a further back purchase and my little finger would pay the price. the blade is also a fair bit thicker than the other two, and this bulks the handle up considerably, which brought about a new issue i do not have with the other two, the finger grove section on the grip panels really dig into your middle or index finger.

other notes, the scabbard is massive, i mean BIG. i thought the other two were pretty damn large but this brings a new level of huge into play. this can either be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. it is large enough to fit 2 pmags and 10 12 gauge shells and still close via the draw string. placed on my belt it hangs down just past my knee, im 5'9"...so about the average height. where it hangs makes lashing it to your leg rather impractical, best just to look at it as a sword scabbard.

i will do a more in depth review, maybe with some video for all three over the next week or two as i find the time...i will also be modifying each of them to fix, what i see, as design flaws and show the end result.

so far, is the money worth it? hell yes it is, the blade has great geometry and very sharp right out of the box, high grade steel and finish...well worth it.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    well ive been working on this thing for a bit now...took a bit of work to get the powder coat off, brake cleaner really helped alot with this...sadly what i found under the paint is what i expected but hoped i wouldnt...lots of tool marks. some are pretty deep, ive been working on sanding them out, about 5 hours into it now and i am almost done with one side of the blade...still have alot to go. the other side of the blade doesnt look as bad, so it shouldnt take as long. the markings are laser etched, so i may be able to keep them which would be pretty cool...i still cant make up my mind on what to do for the handle material...

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 140

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads