• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Joe doesn't even know where he is half of the time. Was anyone not expecting Hairyarse to be the real puppet? Obozo and his minions are actually pulling all of the strings from backstage.

The world has become much more dangerous in the last 3 weeks and looks like it will only get worse as the Demonrats, intentionally and purposefully weaken us more as a nation, with each passing hour!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I suspect that Joe is perfectly fine with this and to some degree probably is encouraging K to be a very active VP. The bottom line is that the future of the Democrat party is not Joe and he knows it. In fact he has just one job to do in the next 4 years and that is to get KH elected.

I am not a constitutional scholar but I am curious are there any specific limitations placed on a VP. Can she negotiate on behalf of the United States? I assume she can have as many calls, meetings and contacts she wants to have as long as those on the opposite end of the table are willing to discuss/negotiate issues. If she does negotiate on behalf of the US and Congress/Senate approves any treaty or agreement then, I guess it becomes law. If the dems had a wider margin in both houses, I suspect we would see this happen.

Constitutionally she exists as president of the senate, to preside over the body when present (and the Senate pro tempor when when the president of the senate is not present) and also next in line if the president dies, resigns or is removed.

The Vice President however can have whatever powers the president has that the president decides to delegate to the vice president that are not expressly enumerated to the president only.

The President could absolutely say out loud "you know what, I've got a golf game. VP, go discuss the invasion of the Vatican with our Generals and you make the decisions in the meeting, generals take your orders from the VP". But a VP could not normally issue orders to the military.

Some powers are solely reserved for the president and the president alone. The President is the only one who can issue an executive order, make nominations, veto legislation or pardon or commute sentences.

The earliest VPs pretty much existed as president of the Senate and stand in warm backup in case the President died. However, VPs since fairly early on have been doing more with delegated authority from the president (I'd have to look up just how early on, but certainly by the late 1800s and pretty sure it was by the 1820s/30s).

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    ...............and the horse laugh. :rolleyes:

Maybe those leaders like it but personally, her laugh and AOC's laugh are both kinda disgusting to me. And Commie Harris laughs ALL THE TIME!!

:banghead:

Attachments

• Harris.jpg
      Harris.jpg
      19.4 KB · Views: 145

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks for the clarification. I suspect that if she starts negotiations and they lead to results for the other parties, she will gain the clout she desires. Republicans in the house and senate will push back, by claiming she doesn’t have the power to conduct such talks, but as long as the house is controlled by Pelosi and the senate is controlled by (Well the VP) her initiatives will likely pass.

They could try to make hay. I doubt a court would uphold it though.

Make in this case has a legal definition. It doesn't mean you couldn't discuss or even write one up. But it is to the president to actually sign on the dotted line and then the senate to approve it.

State department officials even under the level of the Secretary negotiate treaties all the time on behalf of the President. The President just puts their signature on it in the end. Sure, presidents are often involved in tricky negotiations and important treaties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom