• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I might know a guy too!

This guy got his gen2 g17 model as an impulse purchase a little over a month ago and still hasn't fired it.

Same here. Impulse purchase, except he has fired it and apparently doesn;t understand all the hype. He's not a fan...

Hmmm, I might know someone too...but "he" has a 9mm G17 version.

Gen 2 is not recommended. There are issues that need to be fixed, first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0yS68BzLz0

71chevelle427 reported this same issue with his. He bought it used. Perhaps it's why the original owner dumped it. I have about 250 rounds through mine with no issues yet.

Get my name out yo mouf boy...:lol2:

It's DEFINITELY NOT all that dramatic, like that video would have you think it is, LOL...

Mine evidently had a suppressor on it for the 50 rounds it was used prior to me owning it. The thread protector was loose, as in not quite handtight when I picked it up. I simply got it as tight as I could, also by hand. There was also zero signs of the sight's set screw ever being tightened...no marks on threads whatsoever...

What I didn't realize, in my joy of being a new Sub 2K owner, was that the front sight, which threads on and uses a set screw to secure it, locking it into place, had a loose set screw. MY theory is whomever had it, screwed the sight back on, and forget to tighten the set screw.

First day shooting it, I was pissed...never was able to sight it in, because sight was loose. Didn't notice because my son and I had like 6 firearms scattered about....and probably didn't care, to be honest, about it not hitting the broad side of a barn...lol

Went back by myself, with a wrench in hand for the thread protector, and an allen wrench in hand for the set screw, sighted it back in and blasted another 150 (maybe even 200) rounds through it with no loosening issues whatsoever, at least 50 rounds rapid fired...well, as fast as my fat sausage fingers can fire....Unless it does it again, I'll call it a fluke, this time. ;)

With the set screw TIGHT, and the thread protector also tight against the sight, it's all but impossible for it to loosen...it's basically double locked.

Like boundlessdyad said, Big Dog wanted top dollar for the one he had, and wouldn't ship it to Maryland FFL anyway. :tdown:

I bought mine, barely used, from 2A Sales and Service, who treated me like they actually wanted my business....for $400. You'd NEVER know it wasn't brand new before I shot it. I keep my guns clean, and this literally looked like it had never fired a round through it. And they were a pleasure to deal with. :thumbsup:

FWIW, with a stock extended back that extra 1.5" (so I don't get pinched every shot), and the sight secured (so I can actually hit something), I actually have started to like this little plastic piece of junk rifle...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    FWIW, with a stock extended back that extra 1.5" (so I don't get pinched every shot), and the sight secured (so I can actually hit something), I actually have started to like this little plastic piece of junk rifle...

sounds like a term of endearment to me. :D

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Found one for less than 500 :D all dressed up with nowhere to go:innocent0
    setw81.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member