• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hello fellow Kimber owners. I am awaiting paper work to come back so I can pick up my Pro Carry II. I am using the time to find and purchase the tools and supplies I'll need to maintain the firearm.
    I know the Kimber comes with a small takedown tool and have watched videos displaying other accessories that can come in handy.

I'm looking for recommendations on a possible kit for takedown, spring compressors etc...

Any favorites out there??

Also any other advise to offer would be appreciated.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    You shouldnt need any other tools to field strip it, other then what comes with it. I think on the small models, it uses a hex head wrench or wire take down. Full size just needs a typical 1911 bushing wrench (although some use their fingers).

Cleaning tools on the other hand you will need. I would get a set of plastic picks- Gunslick makes an inexpensive set (about $10). It comes with cleaning swabs as well:

21ZaQ74Z9ML._SL500_SS500_.jpg

There great to clean the slide cuts, and to pick out dirt from extractors etc. The plastic picks can be used with a soft cleaning patch or cloth to push out dirt in the slide, and frame cut outs. It will come with a scrub brush to clean the breech face, but an old toothbrush works for this too. Use it with some bore solvent (Hoppes 9 works fine)

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    i have the ultra carry and the little wire looking thing that came with it suits me fine. unless you are the major payne type that likes to field strip your weapon blindfolded while hanging upside by your feet. it should do you fine too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom