• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I recently won a Kimber Ultra Carry II at the Southern Maryland Friends of NRA dinner and auction. It was one of several items I took home:D

Earlier this week I had the opportunity to take it to the range. I was pleasantly surprised by the felt recoil. This gun has an aluminum frame and I expected much more recoil then I experience from my all steel full size 1911's.

The trigger breaks at a clean 4.25 pounds, a little heavier then I am accustomed. The break was very consistent.

Accuracy was good (only fired it out to 7 yards) but shot a bit to the left. I inspected the sights and noticed that the rear sight is off center a little. Hopefully I will be able to center the rear sight and correct this problem. A few friends tried it out and had the same problem so I know it's the gun and not the shooter. I tried to change up my grip and made sure to use correct fundamentals.

No malfunctions failures except it won't load my handloads using Montana Gold bullets from a full magazine. I have to down load by one round to get it to load correctly. Hopefully this is a magazine break in issue and will correct itself after I get a few hundred rounds down range.

I doubt this gun will ever become my everyday carry gun. It did surprise me though and it will be making several trips to the range and my upcoming classes.

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    The only thing I take home from the Friends of the NRA banquets is a belly full of their fee beer. :o

I donate items to them for the banquets but I have never won any to take home.

That is a nice gun though.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I had the same gun a while back as well. The rear sight came from the factory well off center and it shot left also. I guess they don't pay attention to that sort of stuff at Kimber.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The only thing I take home from the Friends of the NRA banquets is a belly full of their fee beer. :o

I donate items to them for the banquets but I have never won any to take home.

That is a nice gun though.

I was a member of the committee for 1 year, chairman for this dinner for 5 years and Co-chairman for 1 year. This year was the first time I sat down and enjoyed the meal and the event versus working it. The smile on my face when I won this gun lasted for 3 days.:D

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I recently won a Kimber Ultra Carry II at the Southern Maryland Friends of NRA dinner and auction. It was one of several items I took home:D

Earlier this week I had the opportunity to take it to the range. I was pleasantly surprised by the felt recoil. This gun has an aluminum frame and I expected much more recoil then I experience from my all steel full size 1911's.

The trigger breaks at a clean 4.25 pounds, a little heavier then I am accustomed. The break was very consistent.

Accuracy was good (only fired it out to 7 yards) but shot a bit to the left. I inspected the sights and noticed that the rear sight is off center a little. Hopefully I will be able to center the rear sight and correct this problem. A few friends tried it out and had the same problem so I know it's the gun and not the shooter. I tried to change up my grip and made sure to use correct fundamentals.

No malfunctions failures except it won't load my handloads using Montana Gold bullets from a full magazine. I have to down load by one round to get it to load correctly. Hopefully this is a magazine break in issue and will correct itself after I get a few hundred rounds down range.

I doubt this gun will ever become my everyday carry gun. It did surprise me though and it will be making several trips to the range and my upcoming classes.

Lucky dog! How come I can never win those kind of prizes? :envy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom