• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I've been looking for another job option. I really like my current job except sometimes I do get fed up with certain aspects. But mainly need more than what I'm making and some benefits. I'm pretty good with computers, and photoshop. If nothing else, I can and am willing to learn new skills. Don't mind a little hard work. If any of you know of anything or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    What's your line of work?
    What part of the state?
    What's you current pay?

Terminator870

4RumWhore 5$=HappyEnding
    Feb 21, 2009
    varies
    lol, HVAC? how much your company is paying? when i was 18-19 i was making 17 per hour with an installation bonus of 200.. but that was a year ago.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    would you travel into DC? if so check the union 602. let me know if that works and i can pull some strings- start at 18.25perhour

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    lol, HVAC? how much your company is paying? when i was 18-19 i was making 17 per hour with an installation bonus of 200.. but that was a year ago.

We don't do installations, we have a contract with some companies and do all the work in house. So not 17/hr... :( but I work with some really cool, and ridiculously funny folks haha

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    would you travel into DC? if so check the union 602. let me know if that works and i can pull some strings- start at 18.25perhour
    My car is too much of a POS to travel to DC every day, not to mention, I'm not a big fan of unions...
    A guy I know works up there in HVAC for some company, the name of which I can't remember...

Edit: Or rather, they do Sheet metal mostly for HVAC stuff.

weldingshop

Jan 24, 2009
    I've never met you, don't know a thing about but, you want to sit on your ass. Damn shame, @ $9 an hour I'll take two.

Really, I consider $10 an hour minimum wage. and thats cash. Heres the rub; I've paid guys $300 a day, and usually pay around $160-to $200 per day...........4hrs or 8. If it goes over 8, you better hurry up cuz now your start'n to know how I feel.

Shame your in St. Mami's

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I've never met you, don't know a thing about but, you want to sit on your ass. Damn shame, @ $9 an hour I'll take two.

Really, I consider $10 an hour minimum wage. and thats cash. Heres the rub; I've paid guys $300 a day, and usually pay around $160-to $200 per day...........4hrs or 8. If it goes over 8, you better hurry up cuz now your start'n to know how I feel.

Shame your in St. Mami's

Yea, I can't really do a lot with 9/hr
    Gets me gas and food

*Edit* But its sure as hell better than standing around and saying "Welcome to WalMart" or "You want fries with that"
    I at least can feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day with this job.

weldingshop

Jan 24, 2009
    Yea, I can't really do a lot with 9/hr
    Gets me gas and food

*Edit* But its sure as hell better than standing around and saying "Welcome to WalMart" or "You want fries with that"
    I at least can feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day with this job.

You are a good man. I've been there, its part of the journey, hang in there.

Now here's a bit of advice, follow a straight path and choose wisely. Work hard and be honest. Never spend more than you make, and buy nothing you can't eat, wear, or use to make a living. Be patient.

And here's the rub, one day you'll have everything and lose it.
    You'll get it all back, and then some; and wish you had nothing.
    A good balance is best, not too much not too little.
    Time is worth more than money.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    You are a good man. I've been there, its part of the journey, hang in there.

Now here's a bit of advice, follow a straight path and choose wisely. Work hard and be honest. Never spend more than you make, and buy nothing you can't eat, wear, or use to make a living. Be patient.

And here's the rub, one day you'll have everything and lose it.
    You'll get it all back, and then some; and wish you had nothing.
    A good balance is best, not too much not too little.
    Time is worth more than money.

Thanks man, I'll take that to heart. I've become more frugal and efficient at spending and saving recently, makes a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom