Kits demilled, now time to put the pieces together.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I'm ready to start building after the de-mill. One more step to go, drilling the holes in my NDS-1 receiver. I had thought that I was ready to go BUT, surprise, no trunnion holes. (The NDS-2T receiver came all set to go.) I guess I'll use the demilled parts for some kind of template.

Anyway, I am in need of a rivet tool to set at least the front rivets. The others can be set with a proper punch but I don't see how to do that for the front trunnion area. Numidian had offered the use of a tool but I see he's listed as Joppa area. I'm in St. Mary's, not real close.

Anybody else at this stage close by? Anyone 'down south' have a tool that I might borrow or even rent? Are there ways the set the rivets without the modified bolt cutter-type tool?

At least I'm getting to the FUN part.:party29: Thanks

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    You can get the bolt cutters at harbor freight in perry hall for about $10. If you have a press, there is a way to do the rivets using a 3/4" grade 8 bolt and some creativity. Did you used some kind of grinder to do the demill, because thats all you need to make the bolt cutter tools.

I'm in numidians neck, so i can't really help you.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Thanks for the reply. With only two kits to do, I'd sort of hoped not to ruin the bolt cutters unless I don't have any other options.:sad20:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    it a $10 set of bolt cutters. When you are done, you can sell em or trade em for at least $10. They sell premade for around $40, evn one of those you could sell when you are done for almost what you have into it.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    A ryobi angle grinder is like 35 buxs at home depot, the 3/16" thick steel cutting wheel is under 5. Grinders are even cheaper at harbor freight. There are pictures of the jaws online, like at surplusrifle.com , just copy them. It should only take about 10-15 minutes.

The angle grinder is a big help in demilling the kits too.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Looks like I'll be grinding down a bolt cutter. Living on a farm, I have access to a grinder (used for part of the demill :)). I'll have to look at the bolt cutters that are around, maybe one of them already has 'bad' jaws and I'll just replace it with a new one.:lol: We do need a new grinder wheel anyway. Thanks for the encouragement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom