• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Quest

Jul 1, 2013
    So I'm considering adding another AR to my collection before October, I was kind of set going with another LWRCI product (M6-IC-SPR) as I already own a REPR and thoroughly enjoy it. However I've been hearing a lot of good things about Knights Armament and how some people would take a KAC over a LWRCI. I've never had the opportunity to finger a KAC product, so I'm not sure what I'm missing out on.
    Does anyone have experience with either and is willing to share their experiences?

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    After handling both the SR-15E3 and M6A2 the KAC just felt right to me. Not sure why. It just felt like a well balanced rifle. The M6 was no slouch, but I preferred the KAC. Now I can't imagine a smoother, more refined AR out of the box. It is a very well tuned rifle, and you've really got to shoot one in order to really appreciate it. Other than adding an optic and maybe some ergonomic/cosmetic upgrades there's really no need to change anything on the KAC rifles. No regrets. I don't think you could really go wrong either way. http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=58268

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The only KAC rifle I've ever handled/fondled was a friend's SR-25ECC.

To say it was VERY nice would be the understatement of the year.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I have both a KAC SR-15E3 and an LWRCI M6A2. Like them both a lot. However, the KAC is a much simpler and basic rifle. And as stated earlier, more refined out of the box. It's considerably lighter and much better balanced. The SR-15 is also a midlength gas system and is softer shooting (for 5.56 recoil). Be advised the with either rifle, parts are proprietary or at least unique to both. The bolt on the KAC is different and the LWRCI is a piston gun, so that should be a no brainer. I like both but if I could only pick one, I'd go with the KAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom