• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    I am not sure I would look forward to any court action now. It is obvious that SCOTUS has decided to do whatever it wants irrespective of the law. Intent, as determined by the justices is now the key, not the rule of law. As Roberts said, and I paraphrase- It doesn't matter what the words say, it was the intent that is important" (OK, explain why everyone, including POTUS, who wrote, argued for and passed Obamacare declared that the penalty for not getting Obama care was NOT a tax. Yet Our justices said it was, and therefore constitutional).
    Yesterday SCOTUS struck down statutory law, today they struck down common law- There is no more law to base any decisions on now. So anything going to a court can be decided on what the judges fell was the intent!
    I don't know how we as a nation- at least as the nation that was envisioned by the founders, is going to survive.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Nothing today, but Agee's opinion from the second case on March 25 was posted today. All that's left from that panel's caseload that day is this (the third) case.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Nothing today, but Agee's opinion from the second case on March 25 was posted today. All that's left from that panel's caseload that day is this (the third) case.

Not sure that really matters. Seems our cases always take longer and they don't have to necessarily go in order from when they were heard. If there's a dissent, tack on extra time for that as well.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Not sure that really matters. Seems our cases always take longer and they don't have to necessarily go in order from when they were heard. If there's a dissent, tack on extra time for that as well.

The seventh circuit decided the Friedman case in 3 months, but the second circuit still has not decided the NY and CT cases (almost 7 months), the tenth circut CO mag ban still has not had an oral argument even though it was decided before kolbe.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The seventh circuit decided the Friedman case in 3 months, but the second circuit still has not decided the NY and CT cases (almost 7 months), the tenth circut CO mag ban still has not had an oral argument even though it was decided before kolbe.

CA7 is one of the few circuits that move things along in a timely fashion. Speaking of Freidman, they should be petitioning for cert later this month (or asking for an extension).

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I'm more comfortable with zero 2A cases in the SCOTUS until we can replace a couple liberals with conservative justices after 2017. The current court has marginalized The Constitution and The Rule of Law. Can't trust them.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm more comfortable with zero 2A cases in the SCOTUS until we can replace a couple liberals with conservative justices after 2017. The current court has marginalized The Constitution and The Rule of Law. Can't trust them.

Based on what, a few rulings? How about people start paying attention to all of the rulings that come out of SCOTUS to base their opinion on instead of just a hand picked few that are blasted all over the media?

Sorry for the rant and not picking on you specifically ezliving, but I'm sick and tired of people on one hand bitching about how uninformed the left is on issues (any issues) and then on the other bitch about how SCOTUS is activist, liberal leaning, Constitutional re-writing, can't be trusted, etc., without looking at the entire record for the session.

Pot, meet kettle.

And by the way, for those that failed basic middle school civics, SCOTUS hasn't re-written anything, the respective state legislatures have done that, the Congress of the US has done that, all SCOTUS has done is ruled wether or not the laws written are legal under the Constitution.

I think I need another cup of coffee or something, but I'm getting sick and tired of the low information voter, spouting off about crap that they either have no clue about, or are too damn lazy to do the research and take everything they hear at face value. This goes for both sides, and sometime more so for folks on this board than those on the left.

Do the damn research before you spout of your opinion or you repost, rewrite, regurgitate someone else's opinion. It really isn't that hard, and who knows, you might actually have something intelligent to say instead of just repeating the same old boring crap, that the clueless do.

Sorry for the rant, and the thread jack (no not really, but it sounds polite)

As always, if anyone has any questions, comments or stones to throw, you know where to find me. Have a nice Monday.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Two_weeks_notice_ver2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit