• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I recognize that this might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but I'm likely to have very little problem with those whose only crime was being brought here illegally as a child.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I recognize that this might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but I'm likely to have very little problem with those whose only crime was being brought here illegally as a child.
    How do you feel about non-citizens becoming sworn officers?

Of course, it may become increasingly necessary, as the job becomes increasingly more dangerous, increasingly less supported by the political infrastructure, and increasingly defunded.

(Apologies for increasingly decreasing felicity of phrasing).

fredthe

MDS Supporter
    Oct 18, 2023
    Bowie, MD
    I agree with the sentiment. Note the article says "came here illegally" rather than "brought here illegally," so it's already presenting bias.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    let them do a full 4 years in the military to get their citizenship.

Talk about needing bodies...

Wouldn't expect anything less from LA

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What are the legalities of a non documented individual and being a prohibited person?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

I think if you are a legal resident, they already do that do they not?
    But you have to be a legal resident. Of course, there are legal ways to do that, even for a Municipality to make that happen for an undocumented person, but I think I recall (was in my wife's case) you have to apply for the legal resident status in your home country at the embassy.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm sickened by what the article reports and I'm equally sickened by some of the posts in this thread. Talk about walking into the abyss with your eyes wide open......

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

"Citizenship"?

What is "citizenship," who needs it, and why?

Haven't we gotten to the point where non-citizens have equal, if arguably not more rights and privileges than citizens?

And to add fuel to the fire, those illegal non-"citizens" whose first act on our homeland was to break the law by illegal entry, are granted extraordinary rights and privileges.

Hmm.. Yes, the Fundamental Transformation of America.

Fundamentally, it means abrogation of the Rule of Law, which once distinguished America and which caused the world to look to the U.S. for leadership in commerce, politics, and human relations. And, which the Left is determined to undermine, with astonishing success.

Not so long ago the U.S. was the shining beacon on the hill, a thousand points of light ---- until some of those whose good graces benefited from it saw their opportunity to snatch the golden ring and turn society against the "Oppressors."

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    How do you feel about non-citizens becoming sworn officers?

Of course, it may become increasingly necessary, as the job becomes increasingly more dangerous, increasingly less supported by the political infrastructure, and increasingly defunded.

(Apologies for increasingly decreasing felicity of phrasing).

Well, first let me clarify that there's a difference between a non-citizen who is functionally a lifelong American, someone who shares our values, and someone who is legally a citizen but is actually a rabid communist. I don't mean to suggest those are the only two options, rather highlighting that merely being a citizen does not a good LEO make, much as hardly any non-citizens are saints (Mick Jagger weeps).

With that stated, non-citizens as sworn officers is not a new concept and likely will become more prevalent, if your other recent thread on that former LEO charged with 32(?) felonies is any barometer.

There's a difference between a child brought here at a very young age who is actually an American by culture, yet is here illegally, and someone who is American in name only, if even that. I'll take the former every time over the latter.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    If you're here illegally, you need to go, plain and simple. If we catch them back here again illegally, they need to be made and example of, terminally. That WILL have a dramatic effect on illegals in this country in short order.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    How is the public supposed to trust people that KNOWINGLY broke the law to be here in the first place? Who KNOWINGLY don’t pay taxes? Who KNOWINGLY are not identifiable to any authorities? How are these lawbreakers supposed to be trusted with their newly elevated social status where they’re essentially above the law, for lack of a better term? When they are in a drug house with hundreds of pounds of illegal drugs and 10’s of thousands of dollars of dealers’ money lying on the table with no witnesses around? What’s one more felony?

How does LA know they’re not putting cartel sicarios and drug mules in positions of authority above the common citizenry?

I give this little social experiment a month before it blows up bigly, on an embarrassingly world-wide level.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    How is the public supposed to trust people that KNOWINGLY broke the law to be here in the first place? Who KNOWINGLY don’t pay taxes? Who KNOWINGLY are not identifiable to any authorities? How are these lawbreakers supposed to be trusted with their newly elevated social status where they’re essentially above the law, for lack of a better term? When they are in a drug house with hundreds of pounds of illegal drugs and 10’s of thousands of dollars of dealers’ money lying on the table with no witnesses around? What’s one more felony?

How does LA know they’re not putting cartel sicarios and drug mules in positions of authority above the common citizenry?

I give this little social experiment a month before it blows up bigly, on an embarrassingly world-wide level.

This has been going on for a while, so that month/bigly/worldwide wager is already tit(t)s up.

DACA folks have real jobs, pay taxes, contribute, etc. There very much is a difference between reality and what you are assuming to be the case, judging by the timbre of your post.

A child brought here at a young age who grows up knowing nothing but America, speaks only English, has never met extended family, and is culturally indistinguishable from you or me simply is not the problem.

fredthe

MDS Supporter
    Oct 18, 2023
    Bowie, MD
    How is the public supposed to trust people that KNOWINGLY broke the law to be here in the first place? Who KNOWINGLY don’t pay taxes? Who KNOWINGLY are not identifiable to any authorities?
    I wouldn't trust anyone who KNOWINGLY doesn't understand DACA.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    My entire Latino family minus 1 sister would have concerns.

Latinos as a group might not necessarily want any DACA being allowed...vetting is hard.
    What if they were 17 from a gang and joined the affiliate gang here. Not that we can vet with the Mexican and Latin officials.

How about they have a public forum over some months and let the public decide. They are the ones who will have to live with the consequences...

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    My entire Latino family minus 1 sister would have concerns.

Latinos as a group might not necessarily want any DACA being allowed...vetting is hard.
    What if they were 17 from a gang and joined the affiliate gang here. Not that we can vet with the Mexican and Latin officials.

How about they have a public forum over some months and let the public decide. They are the ones who will have to live with the consequences...

And it is surely to the credit of those who have followed the rules who want others to follow them as well. But your example was a bit off from mine.

"but I'm likely to have very little problem with those whose only crime was being brought here illegally as a child." does not equate to 17 year old gang member. Apples and bowling balls there.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    "but I'm likely to have very little problem with those whose only crime was being brought here illegally as a child." does not equate to 17 year old gang member. Apples and bowling balls there.
    Let the public decide on how to choose which ones are the apples I would say.
    Most Latinos can be trusted cuz they don't want to make here what they ran from...but we have lots of problems w gangs in LA already. Tough.

There's been gang ties in LA police since whenever anyways as well.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I wouldn't either except for the fact it's makes an additional incentive for those to sneak across our border or falsely make asylum claims and remain in the country. If the border were locked down cold and the cycle doesn't repeat itself over and over most people could probably live with this.
    We already got screwed with the 86' Amnesty so why should we believe it'll be any different this time?
    OTOH, I don't know how this can work as since they're technically illegal, how can they carry period (on or off duty)? And why would you want to be a cop and be disarmed while off duty, when you could (and in LA probably WOULD) run into some perp let back into society?

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I know too many people trying to become citizens legally to not have a problem with this. A country going broke rewarding illegals is insane and that doesn’t change no matter what age they entered the country.
    This is also not a commentary on what type of officers they would make. I’m sure some would be fine and others would be horrible just like any other group of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom