• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Pic of AGC as snow is melting. Bring TALL rubber boots! Rain today and tomorrow won't help. And don't slip and fall as I did yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpg
      IMG_0623.jpg
      85.6 KB · Views: 494

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Associated Mud Clubs is back!
    There is a drainage system on the Barnes range that needs maintenance, I wonder if that is in the plans for the maintenance day.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Associated Mud Clubs is back!
    There is a drainage system on the Barnes range that needs maintenance, I wonder if that is in the plans for the maintenance day.

I told the RSO that the drainage ditch seemed to be clogged up, but I don't think that was in his job description, so no action while I was there.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    How about letting me know that he was going to check it out, and MAYBE have the groundskeeper, or whomever, maybe even put a rake to the clog or something.:)

It is not as simple as all that. Grading work needs to be done to correct the drainage problem. In order to establish effective drainage that will last, grade elevations will need to be checked and new grades established that will allow the water to flow. There are some other steps that could be taken to correct the problem and they have been discussed with the powers that be. Other than the regrading of the impact area that I did at no cost to the AGC many, many years ago, I know of no other work that has been done to maintain proper drainage since the range was originally built. Just recently, the RO's have been making an effort to keep the area where the target bases are located clear of sediment. Please bear in mind that the RO's are not engineers or heavy equipment operators.:)

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The work day on the 22 March is planned from 8 to noon. Not a lot of time. Does anyone know the items to be accomplished?

There is supposed to be a sign up link in the upper right corner of the AGC web site. I was told that those who are interested should use the sign up and they will determine how to best use them based on their skills, etc.
    With only 4 hours scheduled, I can't imagine any major operations being undertaken.
    Work credits are supposed to be given for participants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom