• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Donation just made. I know that the Garand will bring more meaning to a Wounded Warrior with the recipient knowing that a dedicated and loyal veteran used, cared for and carried it proudly. That video shown above on YouTube of Lambo hopefully will always be around as a reminder of how life is just that short. We should cherish each day and reach out to all who may need that little extra assistance to get through these tough times. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Lambie family and all veterans/soldiers who have and are serving this great nation.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Just to let you guys know, I spoke with Lambo's wife at the viewing today and she was very touched by the outpouring of generosity in memorial of her late husband. Very touched, and I think somewhat surprised. She expressed a strong desire to be present when the rifle is presented, and agreed that it was a very fitting tribute. So, my hat is off to all who have participated in this endeavor. Thank you.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    The fundraiser is now closed, and I'm proud to report that we raised $1200 in honor of Lambo! A sincere thank you to all who participated! I'll let everyone know when the presentation is scheduled to take place.

Also, we are accepting nominations for a wounded veteran that would be a good recipient of this rifle. There are certain qualifiers that we are looking for, but the main thing is that the veteran MUST have a strong desire and willingness to be a part of the M1 for Vets rifle team that trains at Quantico. PM DRMSparks or myself if you have someone in mind.

Thank you!

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    The fundraiser is now closed, and I'm proud to report that we raised $1200 in honor of Lambo! A sincere thank you to all who participated! I'll let everyone know when the presentation is scheduled to take place.

Also, we are accepting nominations for a wounded veteran that would be a good recipient of this rifle. There are certain qualifiers that we are looking for, but the main thing is that the veteran MUST have a strong desire and willingness to be a part of the M1 for Vets rifle team that trains at Quantico. PM DRMSparks or myself if you have someone in mind.

Thank you!

Outstanding !!!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Just to let you guys know, I spoke with Lambo's wife at the viewing today and she was very touched by the outpouring of generosity in memorial of her late husband. Very touched, and I think somewhat surprised. She expressed a strong desire to be present when the rifle is presented, and agreed that it was a very fitting tribute. So, my hat is off to all who have participated in this endeavor. Thank you.

Thanks and kudu's go out to you for the outstanding free board which we all share a commonality despite our pissing contest! :thumbsup:

epc3762

Dec 30, 2007
    Forest Hill, Maryland
    This is something he would have been proud to know!

Great Job! Thanks!

Pictures of what I wore as a pole bearer today for Lambo and what I had around my neck

There was also a fife and drum corp there too. I know the procession to the grave site was video taped. I hope we can get that shared on here. It was awesome.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Roger Lambie 006.jpg
      Roger Lambie 006.jpg
      28 KB · Views: 265
    • Roger Lambie 007.jpg
      Roger Lambie 007.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 265
    • Roger Lambie 003.jpg
      Roger Lambie 003.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 259

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Great Job! Thanks!

Pictures of what I wore as a pole bearer today for Lambo and what I had around my neck

There was also a fife and drum corp there too. I know the procession to the grave site was video taped. I hope we can get that shared on here. It was awesome.

Looks good!!! :thumbsup:

If you can get a copy of hte video I'd like to see it!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

Thank you!

Any status update?

jjoshea

Jul 24, 2008
    NC
    A terrible loss

Having not been on this forum for awhile, this is heartbreaking news. Roger was always there for us, and he will be sorely missed by so many.

I reach out to everyone here with any help M1 for Vets can provide.

Feel free to contact me at jjoshea@msn.com

My sympathys are extended to Rogers family and friends, a sad day indeed.

Respectfully,

JJ O'Shea

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom