• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Heading up to Lancaster this weekend. What are some good shops to stop at? Used to go to Village Arms in Gap, but I think they are something else now. Trop is kinda up that way, Lancaster maybe? Others? Thanks!

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Trop bought Village Arms and is called like Trop2 or something. You should always hit Shydas when up that way, but it's still a trek from Gap.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    When in lancaster I usually stop at the sportsman shop. https://thesportsmansshop.com/
    This is the only one I got to check out. Lots of stuff, nice range. Little on the high side on most things. I did find 30 round Magpuls for the AK74 in 5.45, they had a bunch of them. $15 per. They had the Glock 33 rounders I was looking for, but at $48.99+tax, I left them. Bought a couple Magpul 27 rounders for the Glock. The 21s I have work well, hope these do too. Next trip I'll try to get to Trop and Shydas.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Backwoods Outfitters in Columbia is an option, there’s a small estate/liquidation store in the Strasburg area that usually has a few guns as well.
    I wanted to get in Backwoods, but ran out of time. What's that shop like?
    The store you're referring to in Strasburg has been sold since the last time I was there, last year. I think we're talking about the same one, right on 896 close to Sight and Sound??? They still have all the regular junk and reloading stuff. But ZERO guns. I asked if they lost their FFL or something, but that question wasn't received well. Used to love that shop.

Mar 29, 2021
    York County, PA
    I wanted to get in Backwoods, but ran out of time. What's that shop like?
    The store you're referring to in Strasburg has been sold since the last time I was there, last year. I think we're talking about the same one, right on 896 close to Sight and Sound??? They still have all the regular junk and reloading stuff. But ZERO guns. I asked if they lost their FFL or something, but that question wasn't received well. Used to love that shop.
    It’s been about a year, but they had a decent selection for a small shop and I picked up a 10/22.

Thanks for the update, I’ll cross that off my list next time I’m in the area. I wonder what happened?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Lanco Tactical usually beats Trop for most things and are only a couple miles away, smaller shop, cheaper than Trop, packed full of gear, lots of stuff for AR folk, although not a ton of firearms for sale. Usually Trop, Lanco, Shydas, maybe Sportsmans shop or Cabelas if I just want to look around. Hasn't been a ton of stuff for the last couple years, generally if Lanco and Trop don't have something I want I'll order it and use a local guy for transfers on regulated stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom