• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawman1800

Jul 29, 2012
    I've been carrying a cold steel recon 1 for years now and have never had any problems with it. I also really like my sog trident. Spyderco builds a great knife, i would stay away from the serrated blade though, too hard to resharpen.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I would recommend taking a close look at the triage. It fits your criteria very well. Here's the newest video of it. The triage comes in at 8:26 in the video.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    There are a few others that you may consider, depending on your criteria, and what you intend to use it for. One may be the Benchmade triage, it is fast becoming a favorite utility knife for first responders.

M-PT-Benchmade.jpg

this is what i carry on duty and i love it.

Z

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I love my Cold Steel knives!
    I've had one for a little while now (Recon 1) and just got a new one last week that I've named my pocket machete (Voyager XL). Both of mine are tanto syle blades. In a few weeks the Recon XL for 2013 will be shipping and I'll have to have one. I have some other winchester and S&W knives but they are just ok.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My family got me the Police 3 for Father's Day. LOVE it. Pictures are in the "show us your blades" thread.

Last edited:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I love my Cold Steel knives!
    I've had one for a little while now (Recon 1) and just got a new one last week that I've named my pocket machete (Voyager XL). Both of mine are tanto syle blades. In a few weeks the Recon XL for 2013 will be shipping and I'll have to have one. I have some other winchester and S&W knives but they are just ok.
    Find a mid size Cold Steel Tanto Voyager...serrated or partially serrated.

Bullet proof and will cut thru anything.

I carried and used mine for 10 years...got tired of "the same old thing" and gave it to my brother who had lusted over it. He still carries it.

I missed it before long and had to go on EBay and find another as they've been out of production for years. Bastard brother wouldn't give the original back...

Good luck!

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I live my 0350 but cant bring myself to carry it. Its too nice to booger up using it as my edc. My triage does it well and i dont feel bad using a $90 knife to cut rope, wood, zip ties? Whatever. So my ZT just sits there looking pretty.

ratcheting hammer

Evil Twin
    Mar 29, 2013
    Washington County
    I carry my ZT on my days off. Tried not to use it. But could not keep myself from enjoying it. It has held up great to some hard use. Holds an edge and the blade finish is very durable shows little wear. The Triage is now on my list to buy.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I own a benchmade styker and love the handle shape. The triage has nearly the exact shape maybe 10-15% larger. And i love the sheeps foot blade shape. Add to that the axis lock and you really have about the perfect edc knife.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 155

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I carry a Benchmade Bone Collector folder in D2. Hard to beat. I do have the Gerber that was listed in the original post, and it's not bad either. I heard that Gerber uses 425M steel instead of 420HC in them now (not sure if that's good or bad) but I never really used it enough to wear the blade any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom