• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    OK.. Go ahead and flame me but since i collect older stuff and all the damn Ar15 ppl are in my way at the show.. I kinda want to go now.:lol2:

Judging by the list of who's cancelled so far, you might be one of the few people there, with no vendors to buy from.

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    It's great to see all the 2a support from vendors. A good friend of mine is the owner of UltimateCamo, a local MD based company, and they have pulled out of the show. This will end up costing them quite a bit of business not to mention their vendor fee for the show.

"UltimateCamo is aware of the decision from The Eastern Sports and Outdoor show "to not include certain products" at their upcoming show.... Basically they have decided to now allow certain guns from the show because of pressures from anti-gun advocates. While they reserve this right to make this decision, UltimateCamo also has the right to make the decision to not attend the show. We strongly support our 2nd Amendment right and don't believe that backing down from our beliefs to appease others is the way to make our voice heard. We regret if any of you were planning on attending the show to purchase our product but I am sure that you can understand our position."

To show your support of UC and their decision you can go to their Facebook Page and like them. Also if you need camo check out their products.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    "It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.”

If it would affect such a small percentage, why did you bother with the ban and how could that same small percentage detract from "the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families"?

Idiots.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If it would affect such a small percentage, why did you bother with the ban and how could that same small percentage detract from "the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families"?

Idiots.

It's the "silent majority" theory. ;)

My buddy pointed out, they claim 100K people per day, times $10 bucks a pop. Between that, parking, etc, etc. This is a HUGE loss of revenue.

They cancelled it because the HAD to, period.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    "ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions"

"Hunting traditions" include the 2-A rights of its citizens and paying customers. If they want to participate in such preservation... then encourage MORE vendors to support the cause.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    There was talk of a Frederick group contacting the vendors of the Outdoors show to come to there for a show. I don't how far they have gotten with their project. Frederick does have a new facility that is not as large as the farm center but get rid of the vendors that are not gun/hunting related should be a good show. I will keep everyone posted if I hear more. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom