Larry Hogan "supports" the second amendment...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I did hear Larry Hogan say that he would direct his new superintendent of the MSP to accept "the second amendment" as a good enough reason for a carry permit.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Ill echo the others here who understand he has to play his cards that way to have any chance in this state. I'm sure political operatives on the left have already called his office fishing for a sound bite that makes him sound like a baby killer. It sucks, but I understand it.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hogan received an A- rating from the NRA.

The only ways that I see that Hogan can directly influence FSA2013 (no legislative help): 1) interpretive rules (i.e. interpretive rule on G&S; perhaps some interpretive rules on the evil black rifle list and their copies, and so on); 2) control the narrative.

He might be able to get the legislature to de-fund certain items (spent shell) or roll back fees (on HQL, etc), but my hopes are not high the first year.

Don't underestimate the value of controlling the narrative in Annapolis. If he can sell people that the 77r is duplicative and wasteful (vis-a-vis NICS), and MD should just submit records to NICS and use NICS, that is a big win.

But, I personally expect any wins for the 2A under Hogan will not be sold as furthering "gun rights" - I think they will be sold as "efficiency" - eliminating and reducing wasteful/duplicative programs that we cannot afford and rolling back fees.

On the other hand, with Brown...

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Thanks for posting but that is not interview I heard. The one I heard was on the drive home around 345 ish on WBAL radio.

Woops, sorry about that. Here's the WBAL interview. Hogan's quote, right at the end, at 3:50, is "I said all during the primary I was not going to be able to repeal the Firearms Safety Act. It's not going to happen with this legislature."

His line here is the same as in the WMAL interview, that it was taxes and economic policy that drove Beretta out, not the FSA, even though the company cites the FSA as the primary reason.

http://cdn.s3-media.wbal.com/Media/2014/07/23/7af77cc7-0a12-4925-b0f9-25a07b33d6cd/original.mp3

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Woops, sorry about that. Here's the WBAL interview. Hogan's quote, right at the end, at 3:50, is "I said all during the primary I was not going to be able to repeal the Firearms Safety Act. It's not going to happen with this legislature."

His line here is the same as in the WMAL interview, that it was taxes and economic policy that drove Beretta out, not the FSA, even though the company cites the FSA as the primary reason.

http://cdn.s3-media.wbal.com/Media/2014/07/23/7af77cc7-0a12-4925-b0f9-25a07b33d6cd/original.mp3

Nice, thanks for doing the research! It's much appreciated :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Unless you were in the super secret meeting, you've never heard that come from him.

I heard that come from him. There were others in the room including John Josselyn, Del. Smigiel, Andi Morony, Dan Blasberg.....

It was the super-secret meeting that Dan posted about the day it happened.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I don't believe it. When I heard about this guy running for governor, I liked his views on jobs, taxes, etc, but I noticed he NEVER mentions restoring constitutional rights to Maryland.

I went on their Facebook page and inquired what his plans were and the only answer I received was, "He's a supporter of the second amendment." I replied back saying that didn't answer my question, so I asked again. They said "If you would like to discuss it further, please give our offices a call." I replied back, "Why should I have to call your offices to receive an answer on a topic that would earn you votes in Maryland? What's there to hide? Would you want everyone to see how pro-gun you are and know your plans to give back gun rights to Maryland residents?" They simply said, "Give us a call and we'll explain."

I humored them. I called their offices and asked the same question, "What will Larry Hogan do to restore constitutional rights to Maryland residents?" They gave the exact same response... "He's a supporter." Unsatisfied, I went back onto their facebook page and wrote the entire conversation from start to end in regards to this exchange. They banned me.

It turns out they banned anyone who asked anything about gun rights from their page. I will not be voting for this Rino. Don't take my word for it though. Look into it yourself. He needs these votes if he's going to become the new governor of the People's Republic of Maryland.

Oh man Mr. Hogan is having those "Fits" Do as I say not as I do" its a symptom of "It's all about me" syndrome again. :bullhorn:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I must say that I am not at all impressed with how Mr. Hogan "supports" the 2A in the public arena. I hate being treated like a friend in private but a leper in public.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I must say that I am not at all impressed with how Mr. Hogan "supports" the 2A in the public arena. I hate being treated like a friend in private but a leper in public.

Same here. Unfortunately for us, it's good politics. Hogan strikes me as a politician in the worst sense of the word. Even if he wins, I don't expect a friend in him.

You of course know that if Hogan says anything even mildly inflammatory (read: actual common sense) about firearms, he's playing defense on it for the next several weeks. Much, much better to keep pressing Brown on taxes, the economy and the failed healthcare roll out. Keep the frontrunner on his heels long enough and Hogan might actually steal the election.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Choice-A) Four more years of incranmental gun bans

Choice-B) Four years of a static situation

It's apretty sad state of affairs, but, it is what it is.

That is a fairly large assumption, given he has not said in public he would NOT do anything.

I do, however, agree with the good Dr. in the feeling of being friends in a room talking about firearms, but being a leper in public.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Listen we can cry all day about Larry Hogan but the fact of the matter is he is our guy. I don't get the warm and fuzzies either. Are we really all 1 issue voters here ? I think hogan is much better than brown. Keep this in mind. He may or may not help the gun situation but I truly doubt he'd hurt it worse than brown. Like poker sometimes you have to play a hand you don't like 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Brown will air tax, dirt tax, mile tax, life tax, eating tax, pooping tax, walking tax etc us to death. Less welfare with hogan. I'm good with this. Maybe we can get him to help soften 2A infringement later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    hogan has a singular message. stop the tax and spend insanity. its maryland's single biggest issue. anything else he talks about, guns, immigration, ect, will have his opposition screaming and wailing.

as long as all he talks about is taxes and fiscal responsibility, the other side cant touch him and they have to play defense. and taxes is where they are weakest.

get him elected and we'll see he's right where we want him to be on other issues.

this this and this. The second he starts talking about repealing the FSA to give a few of you warm fuzzies, is the second he can kiss his chances good bye. the dems will portray him as a gun toting nut that doesn't care about the kids etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom