• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    In terms of what exactly?

I'll leave that up to the respondents, but I think the ultimate measure is the Presidential election. That election does not decide one branch of government anymore, it decides who will be King. The other branches are not equal anymore.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Not too many recently. Most states are going from red to blue, at least in presidential elections.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    At least in Presidential elections, PA is now solidly blue.

Yup..........PA is blue by numbers. Though it is very divided internally, almost like looking at the Country as a whole.

I am very interested in seeing what happens in some of these states as the blue overcomes the red by pure numbers concentrated in urban areas.

NY, PA, CO are in the throws of conflict.

FL, AZ, are probably next.

My personal belief is we are looking at a pure blue map until will have a crisis of some dramatic sort, some fact comes out about government corruption, or the Republican party reinvents itself.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Look at the map of Regans election. Now look a Obamas Now find another Reagan Problem solved .

The solution to Carter II is Reagan II It was ever thus. People vote party for Congress they vote for a leader for President. It was ever thus.. Like it or not O looked more like a leader ( thanks to the press I grant) than his opposition.

Find your Reagan that's the job..

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Look at the map of Regans election. Now look a Obamas Now find another Reagan Problem solved .

The solution to Carter II is Reagan II It was ever thus. People vote party for Congress they vote for a leader for President. It was ever thus.. Like it or not O looked more like a leader ( thanks to the press I grant) than his opposition.

Find your Reagan that's the job..

Thats a solid opinion. I also firmly believe part of the issue is that it hasnt become obvious enough or painful enough for the middle of the populace to look up.

Look at any election its always the frothing at the mouth advocates (at either side) who are driving the discussion as they come out, they contribute in the policy meetings, they contribute in the townhals, they attend local Council committee meetings, they have the time and passion to stay tuned in and informed (and even more biased). The middle is too busy trying to raise their kids and keep above water.

We need the middle of the bell curve engaged, consistantly to get through these tough times and to keep the nut-jobs whether right or left from bowling over the bulk of America.

Blood doesnt run red or blue, before its tained with oxygen it runs purple.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If you mean presidential elections I'd say WV would be the big blue-to-red shift. They voted for Carter both times, Dukakis, and Clinton twice. They haven't voted Democrat since Clinton and Romney and McCain both won the state with double digit margins.
    Our legislature is still heavily Democrat, but we have a deep distrust of Northeastern liberals which shows in the Presidential elections. The Clintons though are still popular here unfortunately.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Yup..........PA is blue by numbers. Though it is very divided internally, almost like looking at the Country as a whole.

I am very interested in seeing what happens in some of these states as the blue overcomes the red by pure numbers concentrated in urban areas.

NY, PA, CO are in the throws of conflict.

FL, AZ, are probably next.

My personal belief is we are looking at a pure blue map until will have a crisis of some dramatic sort, some fact comes out about government corruption, or the Republican party reinvents itself.

I agree. Liberals say, "Once people get used to Medicare, Social Security, and Obamacare, they like it." Well, sure, people like getting free stuff, but eventually, we're going to default on our debt. It's really that simple.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Texas. It use to be a solidly Blue State back in the days when the Dem's actually cared about the people. Actually Many Southern states were Solidly Blue until a few years ago.

Thanks
    Robert

This only happened because the Republican party became the new racist party while the Democrats started pushing for civil rights. It wasn't that the people changed sides, it's that the parties switched agendas.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    This only happened because the Republican party became the new racist party while the Democrats started pushing for civil rights. It wasn't that the people changed sides, it's that the parties switched agendas.

Is this a joke?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I'd like to know why liberal politicians are so anti gun. Why is it so damned important for all of them to tow that part of their party line? Since it is the only anti civil right they openly tout, vs touting all of the other civil rights for immigrants, blacks, women etc? In turn then, why are the liberal voters who vote them in so anti gun, or are they really? If many liberal voters actually aren't anti gun, then why don't they voice it to the people they elect every time some damned anti gun bill is intro'd? How many voters even really care about gun issues?

I had a liberal young man in Baltimore ( half Korean I think) engage me briefly, and it was obvious he has no idea at all, no real knowledge of the guns themselves. He actually said "why does someone need an AR47?" ( or AK15- not sure which it was). He is right there with the entitlement types being he said he was on SSDI for aspergers, and even seemed to forgive blacks for being horrible bullies to him as a kid going to Baltimore city schools. He seemed jaded to me, inexperienced with the world despite what racism he has been subjected to by one big segment of the democratic party's darling's. Like so many city people he is not thinking "outside the city". Yet he was born hard wired to think outside the box.

The last time you filled out a 4473, what did you check for the box that asked if you're a habitual user or addicted to illegal narcotics?

Because I think you've lied on a federal form, and this post is proof.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    First, to answer the OP's question, in 2008 Indiana went Democrat and in 2012 Indiana went Republican. However, Indiana has gone for the Republican candidate in 17 of the past 19 elections, so that's probably not a great example. Aside from Indiana, you need to go back to 1964 to find a historically Democratic state turning Republican.

The point is poorly made, but if you look at the electoral maps before 1964 and after 1964, you will see that the Deep South went from staunchly Democratic to staunchly Republican. The only exceptions are the 1968 election, when the Deep South went for George Wallace (who was running on a platform of bringing back segregation) and the 1976 election of Jimmy Carter (who was the governor of Georgia). It widely accepted that the Democrats lost the Deep South because of Lyndon B. Johnson's signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. On the evening that he signed the Civil Rights Act, Johnson is quoted as saying "we just delivered the South to the Republican Party for a long time to come.”

Sources:
    Electoral Maps - http://www.270towin.com/historical-presidential-elections/
    Johnson Quote - http://presidentialrecordings.rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/essays?series=CivilRights

The first map is the results of the 1960 presidential election. The second map shows the results of the 1964 presidential election.

Attachments

• 1960.gif
      1960.gif
      26.6 KB · Views: 199
    • 1964.gif
      1964.gif
      24.5 KB · Views: 202

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    First, to answer the OP's question, in 2008 Indiana went Democrat and in 2012 Indiana went Republican. However, Indiana has gone for the Republican candidate in 17 of the past 19 elections, so that's probably not a great example. Aside from Indiana, you need to go back to 1964 to find a historically Democratic state turning Republican.

The point is poorly made, but if you look at the electoral maps before 1964 and after 1964, you will see that the Deep South went from staunchly Democratic to staunchly Republican. The only exceptions are the 1968 election, when the Deep South went for George Wallace (who was running on a platform of bringing back segregation) and the 1976 election of Jimmy Carter (who was the governor of Georgia). It widely accepted that the Democrats lost the Deep South because of Lyndon B. Johnson's signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. On the evening that he signed the Civil Rights Act, Johnson is quoted as saying "we just delivered the South to the Republican Party for a long time to come.”

Sources:
    Electoral Maps - http://www.270towin.com/historical-presidential-elections/
    Johnson Quote - http://presidentialrecordings.rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/essays?series=CivilRights

The first map is the results of the 1960 presidential election. The second map shows the results of the 1964 presidential election.

The racial issues were certainly a part, but I think the larger theme is that Southerners don't like being told what to do, especially by the federal Leviathan.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I would say the last state to go from blue to red was West Virginia in 2000 which helped put Texas Gov. George W. Bush in the presidency.

Problem is some red states are going red to blue. Florida, Colorado, New Mexico and Virginia.

Over time our national electorate has become more liberal. Latinos now outnumber blacks and are the largest minority. If they become reliably democrat it's basically over for the Republican party nationally. The states might still elect Republicans but basically the Republican Party is a dinosaur.

Within one generation we'll lose the Second Amendment to activist extremist democrat supreme court justices like ginsberg, kagan, breyer, sotomayor. One pro gun justice leaves and is replaced by an obama or clinton and goodbye gun rights.

Vote for a democrat nationally for president is a vote to eliminate your Second Amendment.

Last edited:

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    WV is the only one I can think of, and that's pretty pathetic.

Ohio and Florida used to be pretty reliable red in presidential elections. Both went blue the last two. Ohio I fear has officially tipped to the Democrat side which means it will be VERY difficult for any Republican to win the Presidential election from here on out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom