**Late night boredom** What parts or accessories do you store in your AR stock or pis

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I was just wondering what spare parts and or accessories do you store in your AR stocks and/or grips? Do you store them for range use or SHTF?

Here's what I store in mine.

In the EMOD stock, I keep 2 spare Lithium 123A Cells for the Elzetta light mounted to the rifle. A 5 ounce tube of Weapon Shield Lube with needle applicator and a few cotton patches. Lastly, I keep a firing pin, extractor and gas rings.

In the pistol grip I made two zip lock bags that fit into it. The one bag consists of trigger spring, hammer spring and disconnect spring. In the other bag is 3 extra small circular batteries for my optics, a fire control group pin and spare C158 Bolt.

I'm a SHTF type persons which is why I choose to carry these parts.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I want a Magpul core for the extra bolt and firing pin for my M4A1 build. I think Ergo makes a similar product for their grip but haven't looked into it for my dissipator yet. I've kept them both pretty basic, no optics yet if at all, wasn't trained on an AR with optics or lights so no need for batteries.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Beef jerky and 1 live round.

What's the point in living after the beef jerky is gone?? :lol2:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Spare batteries and sight adjustment tools. If I had a spare bolt and firing pin, I'd consider stashing it in the grip, too, but that's a lot of money and weight to spend on a relatively rare event.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Copy of stamped/signed Form 4
    The hex wrench needed to take down a side-charging upper

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

derwingnut

Dec 16, 2011
    Essex
    Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Maj. Kong knows his stuff thats for sure.

Batteries and sight adjustment tool for BUIS

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    A Big Fat Supply Of Air Space.

That's what's stored in mine.

Because a person would die in an emergency situation before finally getting that plastic contraption depressed and pulled out of the grip.

Mine is so stiff/stuck, it takes three hands and two screw drivers to pry the cap off.

I love the grip, but hate that cap.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    For my range gun, I have a spare bolt in the grip (and I keep meaning to get a spare firing pin to put in there as well). I haven't put any C123's in the SOPMOD stock yet, but I probably will sooner or later.

None of that's in there for SHTF type stuff, more of if I'm on a weekend trip somewhere and my usual spare parts get lost/misplaced it might salvage the trip if something breaks (went to the range once, red dot batteries were dead, no BUIS, didn't get to shoot the rifle. Was in a hurry and didn't do my usual checks before heading out. Lesson learned.)

Paperpounder

Jan 12, 2011
    Hampstead, MD / NC
    Spare bolt, firing pin, cam pin, gas rings, firing pin holder (can't think of the name lol) and a bunch of springs and small stuff. All this is in my case. Batts and earplugs stay in the weapon compartments

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.

Good bit of trivia about that scene. Major Kong actually said Dallas but because of the JFK assassination being so near the release of the film, they changed it to Vegas. Read his lips if you don't believe me.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    In the MIAD type grips: firing pin, cotter pin, bolt (or bolt parts like gas rings and extractor). STR stock on the rifle I use the EoTech I keep a set of spare batteries. I don't always have the MIAD inserts in for range trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom