• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Well if you look at the design there is a little tab at the top of the rear buffer adapter, there is literally nothing but it being wedged between the top of the buffer hole and the folding stocks stop gate no screws, no pins just a floating assembly, not even a screw in end cap. Are you willing to put that up in front of your face and run couple of hundred rounds through it where chamber pressures reach 60000 PSI per shot.

For starters, 60000 psi is chamber pressure. when the bullet passes the gas tube pressure is much lower (as volume increases, pressure decreases). Otherwise there would be a bunch of blown gas tubes. At 60000 psi it is the locking lugs that keep the bolt closed, just like normal.

Second, it is that tab plus the lock that pops up in the LAW folding assembly when folded that retains this.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

The going into battery problem could probably be easily solved by simply polishing the underside of the bolt carrier. Something I do with all my BCGs.

He could also be running the gun too dry. I wish they made those in PC sizes. That would solve a lot of AR pistol problems.

I also wonder(in rifle calibers) if an adjustable gas block might help reliability.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    That pushes the nostalgia button...

1675125518403.png

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The going into battery problem could probably be easily solved by simply polishing the underside of the bolt carrier. Something I do with all my BCGs.

He could also be running the gun too dry. I wish they made those in PC sizes. That would solve a lot of AR pistol problems.

I also wonder(in rifle calibers) if an adjustable gas block might help reliability.
    It goes back to Chad's comment that it is a good system in properly tuned rifle. For the money and ease of use I would still buy a BRN-180 upper at least those can "supposedly" shoot suppressed and unsuppressed

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It goes back to Chad's comment that it is a good system in properly tuned rifle. For the money and ease of use I would still buy a BRN-180 upper at least those can "supposedly" shoot suppressed and unsuppressed
    His advice is to buy a SIG.

An AR gives me modularity and options.

If you buy a SIG, your wallet will be lighter and you have to live with the regret of poor life choices. I'll keep my AR's.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    His advice is to buy a SIG.

An AR gives me modularity and options.

If you buy a SIG, your wallet will be lighter and you have to live with the regret of poor life choices. I'll keep my AR's.
    That is why I would buy the BRN180 upper. Whether the video is a hit piece is up to those interested in the ARIC system. Don't get me wrong I think it is an option and for someone like you that has the ability to work through any kinks I am sure it is a fine system but average joe blow at home AR builder it could cause some consternation if not put into a properly built rifle. I am sure the BRN180 has it warts as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom