• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I'm just wanting a few other ideas incase there's some companies I don't know about. I have a jm stamped 336 in 35 remington along with a 760 gamemaster in 35 that need slings. I have a Montana sling and am pleased with them. But what else is out there? Basic leather sling, nothing crazy or eccentric.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have the same exact Marlin rifle. This is not the sling that I have now but you might like it.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

This is such a tool to be well utilized when you know how to properly use it. I cannot recommend it enough. You’re gonna need 1.5” sling swivels

3fff0a56e2dcd4b0846fc5119b775b79.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I'm just wanting a few other ideas incase there's some companies I don't know about. I have a jm stamped 336 in 35 remington along with a 760 gamemaster in 35 that need slings. I have a Montana sling and am pleased with them. But what else is out there? Basic leather sling, nothing crazy or eccentric.
    I use a lot of the GI web slings like the ones you can get at the MCx.
    Just add 1 1/4 swivels.
    Probably not the best looking or leather but durable water resistant etc.

Bottom snap needs parade for noise close in though. But, is it’s a real shooting sling if you so choose to have it.
    Outside of that I always looked for the leather carry straps Savage used provide with their package guns.
    They were good enough to drag a deer with in a pinch. Plastic keeper though but they may be no longer.
    Might spot one in Gs junk box cheap enough though.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I'm a fan of the Ching Sling or the Rhodesian for two points.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member

This is such a tool to be well utilized when you know how to properly use it. I cannot recommend it enough. You’re gonna need 1.5” sling swivels

Nice rig and great picture!

Nice rig and great even better picture!
    However, I'd be afraid of using it too correctly with that barrel band in some instances.
    Bet you could get two zeros if you pull hard enough!

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    These are 3 slings up for grabe Free you pick it up in Calvert county.
    sling2.jpg

Attachments

• sling1.jpg
      sling1.jpg
      101 KB · Views: 55

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I'm tracking on a turner sling and how to use them, I have a few for my grand and m1a and also got to spend a few years working at the rifle range at cherry point.

I'm just looking for something to carry and tote around that looks fitting on an older lever gun. I have a Montana on a pump 30-30 savage but just wanted some ideas that I may not know about.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I use a lot of the GI web slings like the ones you can get at the MCx.
    Just add 1 1/4 swivels.
    Probably not the best looking or leather but durable water resistant etc.

Bottom snap needs parade for noise close in though. But, is it’s a real shooting sling if you so choose to have it.
    Outside of that I always looked for the leather carry straps Savage used provide with their package guns.
    They were good enough to drag a deer with in a pinch. Plastic keeper though but they may be no longer.
    Might spot one in Gs junk box cheap enough though.
    I've got plenty of old web slings lol. Stuff like that accumulates over time especially once everyone swapped over to the vickers sling.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I have some from Diamond D Custom Leather and Buffalo Brand Leather on Marlin .45-70s but my all around favorite is the A1-AR15 Quick Set Sling from Murray Custom Leather.
    Both.jpg

The Murray sling...
    38F45D46-31D8-41CE-8AC2-D613659BA5E5.jpeg

186F90AF-3EBF-4687-96D7-EF996B0E0C6B.jpeg

Last edited:

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Nice rig and great even better picture!
    However, I'd be afraid of using it too correctly with that barrel band in some instances.
    Bet you could get two zeros if you pull hard enough!

Aye and that’s true! I don’t sling up thoroughly tight in that for the exact reason - barrel band. It’s enough to get a nice snug purchase on that .375 H&H. Now if I had a full stock, that puppy would be tight enough to be uncomfortable!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't cheap out; avoid get Butler Creek. The leather sling I got from them split from being dried out before I even got a chance to put it on the rifle. There's a reason it was $16.

[EDIT] Actually, the leather straps separated because if was pressed together and not stitched.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom