• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Moving to Carroll County will still leave you inside the communist democrat dictatorship of Maryland. More and more liberals are moving into Carroll Co. They move here to escape the liberal crap where they live but, sad to say, end up bring it with them. I agree with others who have said why not move just a little further and escape this disgrace of a state. If my wife would agree to move, I would be gone! That said, it is always nice to have more responsible and pro 2A people. Welcome.

Because we own land up there so gonna build on the land. Can build a nice house for low cost on land we already own, 6 acres is a nice size plot.

Otherwise yes I would push for out of state.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Go a little farther into PA. There are more taxes in quantity but added together they are cheaper than MD. You can get more land and best of all your carry permit in PA.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    south of 70, Sykesville.

Isn't south of 70 in Howard County, like West Friendship? If I recall, isn't Sykesville right on the line itself, or am I thinking Mt Airy. Either way, welcome to Carroll! Do yourself a favor and go up to Bollingers Guns-n-grub Oct 5th.:)

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Isn't south of 70 in Howard County, like West Friendship? If I recall, isn't Sykesville right on the line itself, or am I thinking Mt Airy. Either way, welcome to Carroll! Do yourself a favor and go up to Bollingers Guns-n-grub Oct 5th.:)

It's possible I usually go out that way along 27 so I get out past 70 in mt airy. Either way, sykesville.

Can't make it to the event, wife is due October 1 so even if the baby is here early gonna be helping out around the house with our 2 year old while wife is recovering and caring for the new born.

Maybe next time.

rmdashrf

Dec 8, 2012
    Carroll
    Welcome to CC!

I lived an MoCo as a kid and my parents moved us up to CC in the mid-90's. I hated them for it back then, but I am super happy about it now.

Everytime i got back to the old neighborhood (around the east terminus of the ICC) i am shocked about how tight everything seems, how crowded the roads are and the overall degradation of the area.

No, CC might not be as great as moving out of state, but if you have to stay in this craphole, CC is one of the better places and a step in the right direction. Congrats.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

I-70 is actually in Howard County until Mount Airy. It isn't far from 70 to Carroll County though. Where I am, which is just south of I-70 on route 32 in Howard County, it is less than 5 miles to Carroll County. I usually go to the Home Depot in Eldersburg versus the one in Ellicott City because they are the same distance from me and service in Eldersburg is usually a lot better. I have a buddy that lives off of 97 in Howard County and he said whenever he needs something he goes to Mount Airy because going to Ellicott City is like going to a different world.

Arcamm's wife

Jun 8, 2013
    Carroll County
    I could not wait to get out of MoCo and we found our fixer upper in Mt. Airy. We are in town but have 1 1/2 acres here and spend our free time sitting on the back porch. Welcome to CC.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Sykesville is north of 70, along Rt. 32.

Lately, we've seen an influx of Howard County useless liberals fleeing the mess they've created down there. We could use some more decent conservative people to balance them out, so welcome.

ctnsupra1

Nov 22, 2008
    Sykesville is north of 70, along Rt. 32.

Lately, we've seen an influx of Howard County useless liberals fleeing the mess they've created down there. We could use some more decent conservative people to balance them out, so welcome.

Yup, W. HoCo used to be a halfway decent place but all the old timers either sold their land or passed away. Now it's folks looking for get away from the city and problems they voted for, yet their not assimilating and they're bringing their troubles with them. I'm within earshot of CC and do all my shopping and leisurely activities in Mt. Airy and Frederick now. Eff this county...

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    My wife is also from moco.

Carroll is the last refuge on this side of the state.

Welcome.

Let some know if you need a reference to join one of the many gun clubs up here.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    My wife is also from moco.

Carroll is the last refuge on this side of the state.

Welcome.

Let some know if you need a reference to join one of the many gun clubs up here.

Thanks. Have a relative that is a member of one of the associated clubs of Baltimore, so probably just join through him but should something change would appreciate any referrals and sponsorships people could provide.

Right now only do pistol, but picked up a lower a week ago to make a hybrid later this year to get into rifle.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County

Sykesville sits partly in Hoco and Carroll Co. The main part of Sykesville (Main St and the town) are in CC. South of 70 is West Friendship, very much into HoCo territory.

Mdfan

Apr 16, 2013
    I live in West Friendship, its a very nice place. Wish we were in Carroll given the politics here, but im stick till the kids graduate.

If you need help on the real estate front, Id love to help (hope thats not out of line). I havent posted here much but lurk a lot, esp recently. Im an AGC member as well and could introduce you to our club, Old Post, if interested.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    depending on the area, isnt moco a better place to raise your kids than carroll county. I think MoCo is more developed and just got better overall than other counties in md. I live in howard, though, but one of my kids lives in kentlands and its nice over there. but i am sure carroll county has lots to offer too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom