• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I'm in my schools capstone engineering course where I must design and develope a product. It can be an innovation or invention. Please answer the following questions: I can post at a later point the outcome of the project.*

Do you have any troubles reloading? If so, what?

What type of press do you have?

If such a product for your press existed and was relatively cheap, would you purchase it?

Do you have problems using auto index features with larger calibers?

Any answers can be duplicates. Don't feel discouraged to post anything that any one else has already mentioned. Doing so honestly would be more beneficial. *Please get the word out to your friends.*

Thank you for your time.*

Balzer94

Kizmit99

May 18, 2011
    Howard Co
    Do you have any troubles reloading? If so, what?

Removing stuck brass from the resizing die... When the brass gets stuck and the shell holder tears the rim off the case it would be nice to have something that could securely attach to the bottom of the case and to the ram so the ram could be used to pull the case out of the die (instead of having to dissassemble the die and pound on the decapping pin to remove the case).

What type of press do you have?

Lee Turret (very old 3 hole model)

If such a product for your press existed and was relatively cheap, would you purchase it?

Yes, but it would need to be fairly inexpensive ($20-$40) -- OR it would need to be available *immediately* after my next stuck case (because at that point it's priceless ;))

Do you have problems using auto index features with larger calibers?

N/A - I never use the auto indexing.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Removing stuck brass from the resizing die... When the brass gets stuck and the shell holder tears the rim off the case it would be nice to have something that could securely attach to the bottom of the case and to the ram so the ram could be used to pull the case out of the die (instead of having to dissassemble the die and pound on the decapping pin to remove the case).

Lee Turret (very old 3 hole model)

Yes, but it would need to be fairly inexpensive ($20-$40) -- OR it would need to be available *immediately* after my next stuck case (because at that point it's priceless ;))

N/A - I never use the auto indexing.

Thanks for the input

bmwdan42

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Bought a Hornady lock and load progressive in December. I bought the micrometer adjustment for the powder measure and it was worth every penny. I hmade a table of settings and charge weight for each powder I use. It is repeatable to the tenth of a grain. Next is the micrometer adjust for the seating die. Something that is time consuming is loading the primer tubes. Any thoughts on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom