Legal to sell a 30 round AK47 on gunbroker?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VTHokie7

Feb 10, 2010
    Katy, TX
    I have five 30 round AK-47 magazines and no AK. Based on the current climate and prices don't foresee myself buying one anytime soon. So looking to sell them, is it legal to list/sell them on Gunbroker (of course not selling to a state that bans 30 round mags)?

Thank you in advance!

G

George

You can not ship it from Maryland. You shouldn't offer it for sale living in Maryland. You will have to do a face to face transfer over the state line.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You can not ship it from Maryland. You shouldn't offer it for sale living in Maryland. You will have to do a face to face transfer over the state line.
    I think it's a little trickier than that.

This is the gray area of interstate commerce. If you post something for a sale on a website outside of Maryland, it's Maryland can not really regulate that. Ditto for shipping it out of the state. Hell, the only reason you can't ship a magazine into the state is because there's a prohibition on receiving (which is an intrastate activity). SCOTUS rulings have been pretty consistent in this area, too.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    I believe they are legal to possess but illegal to buy or sell in Maryland.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I was recently wondering this same thing - I have three 25 round Uzi magazines. Dad had an Uzi that he'd procured through the Police department of my hometown when he was Chief of police there, and I picked those up prior to the estate sale. As it turned out the gun legally belonged to the city police department - Dad was just making sure it was kept in good working order. :party29:

In any case, I've got these three Uzi mags that are legal for me to own, but that I don't need, and are illegal for me to sell, at least here inside of State lines anyway.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    How does this apply to a business based in Maryland? Keepshooting.com is based in Maryland (waldorf I think) and they sell mags over 20 rounds.

Because they have an 01 FFL perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom