• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Hi folks, I'm a new member on here but anything but a new shooter. I mostly dwell in black powder, but have modern too. Haven't been on any forums in many years, but figured my first post would be to showcase one of my favorites in my collection. It's, as the title says, a Leonard Day swivel breech flintlock, this one is a rifled/smooth combo both in .54cal in a Presentation-grade stock. I've only had it out to the range twice, but never had a problem putting it on target! Anyone else have one of these in the area? I know not many of them are around, and Leonard has since died not all that long ago.

View attachment 330258

Attachments

• Leonard Day swivel breech.jpg
      Leonard Day swivel breech.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 284

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    Woah! That's awesome. I've never seen one in real life, but they look awesome. The smoothie/rifle combo is a great idea. Are you new to the area, or just to the forum?

I also shoot mostly black powder; flintlocks with the Marriottsville Muzzleloaders out at the AGC range and starting to get into BPCR shooting. That thing would turn some heads at the range for sure.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I'm just new to the forum, lived in Baltimore all my life. I don't compete in anything, I just do it for my own enjoyment and fun. Reloading naturally led me to casting my own, which led into loving muzzleloaders more and more over the years. Both times I had it up the range, everyone (seriously, every last person) was asking me what it was and how old it is haha. This one is from around 1980 or so, I have all the paperwork and such of said "provenance", too. It's not one I take out and shoot on the regular, but when I do I make sure it gets a workout to make the double workload of cleaning worth it. This one weighs about 14lbs or so...so it's almost imperative to rest it.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Beautiful Flintlock. I saw another by Mr Day that was a matchlock. He was a craftsman.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I've been after one of the Leonard Day wheellock guns for a while...they just never seem to pop up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom