• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    When we went to Annapolis to lobby and protest and try to get our voices heard, we held up signs and phones and wrote "2014" on our hands as a reminder to the people who ignored us that there would be a day of reckoning.

That day is less than 100 days away.

It's clear from the turnout at the primaries that the entire electorate is pretty apathetic about this election cycle, but rather than be discouraged, we need to turn that our way.

We have some good opportunities to send messages to Annapolis in November from here in Southern Maryland, in the persons of Matt Morgan and Deb Rey. If we can keep Tony O'Donnell and get Matt and Deb elected, it'll turn Southern Maryland red in a big way and let Annapolis know that the two seats on which they thought they could count, those of the retired Johnny Wood and those of the incumbent John Bohannon, are no longer theirs.

It's critical, therefore, that we get out the vote. It's just that simple - in a cycle where the electorate is cynical and apathetic, it will not take that much more than the other guy to win, but we HAVE to get out the vote.

Please vote and please take people with you. Drive elderly neighbors, who are tired of being taxed to death, to the polls. Do whatever it takes, but get people to come to the precincts and push a touchscreen button to register their displeasure at the status quo.

If we can do that in greater numbers than the opposition, we can send some messages.

Thanks,
    Irons

Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    This election will determine if I move out of state or not. I have decided that I don't want to live and pay taxes in a state that seems determined to destroy our rights as Americans. People ARE apathetic it seems. It's like they have been screwed so much they just don't care anymore.

Ironsighter

May 10, 2011
    Down South
    PM's sent. If you are curious about the district in which you live, type your address into the following site:

http://mdelect.net/

It'll tell you who your present reps are.

For the record, in Southern Maryland, I support Deb Rey at http://debreyfordelegate.com/

And Matt Morgan at http://www.voteformattmorgan.com/

Both of them stood beside me at the 2A Tuesday rally in Annapolis and I find them to be very intelligent people. Deb is a retired Air Force officer and Matt is a bright, successful businessman.

Whatever you do, no matter where you are, get out and vote for pro-2A candidates.

Irons

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Pick a good, pro-Constitution candidate, and fight hard for him or her.

Matt Morgan, Deb Rey, and Steve Waugh are all good local candidates in southern Maryland. They can all use your help.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    What is their advertising strategy? I’m seeing Dan Slade signs/billboards while driving up and down 235/5 and almost nothing for Matt. Bohanan had his truck full of signs at the Hollywood VFD carnival, nothing from Deb. While I support their efforts so far, what’s up?

Ironsighter

May 10, 2011
    Down South
    People tend to put their signs in the district in which they are running...

Been South of the base lately? Heck, South of Route 4? Deb has quite a few signs up.

She could have a lot more if you were inclined to contribute... So could Matt.

Signs cost a lot of money.

Irons

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    What is their advertising strategy? I’m seeing Dan Slade signs/billboards while driving up and down 235/5 and almost nothing for Matt. Bohanan had his truck full of signs at the Hollywood VFD carnival, nothing from Deb.

As challengers, a key part of each campaign is to gain name-recognition for the candidates and to self-define them rather than allowing their opponents to (mis-)characterize them.

Their campaigns are grassroots-oriented. With door-knocking, sign-waving, and volunteerism as significant components. Placing signs in strategic locations within their respective districts is a key part of the effort.
    Having strong presence at various county events is also a critical element.

Deb Rey's campaign had a STRONG presence at the Beer & BBQ event at the St. Mary's Fairgrounds on 01 & 02 August. She totally out-shone John Bohanan's meager effort.

...I support their efforts so far...
    That's great.:party29: Support in terms of volunteering, donations, letters-to-the-editor, putting-out yard-signs, etc. are all greatly appreciated by their grassroots campaigns.

Pick a good, pro-Constitution candidate, and fight hard for him or her.

Matt Morgan, Deb Rey, and Steve Waugh are all good local candidates in southern Maryland. They can all use your help.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The feeling is mutual, we've got to pick up a few more seats and keep our '2014' promise!

Here in central Maryland, we've got a good chance to get Tim Walters (R), elected in District 32. Hogan has agreed to come to a Tim Walters fund raiser - here's your chance to meet the future governor (we hope) of Maryland, and support Walters.

Please bump this thread: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3321914#post3321914

with some encouragement and I hope you can join us:

We could do a mini MDS meet up too?

Last edited:

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Campaign Madness

All,

This is a great conversation. As a new candidate I want to confirm it is an incredible learning curve that is also frustrating. The party has not financial support and no one is really there to tell you how to do this. Asking people for money is usually/should be hard for people like us. But it is critical.
    Mailers, palm cards, signs, shirts for volunteers, stamps, envelopes, etc. all cost money. No one can tell you where to go for money. The list from the State Election Board is not very accurate over time since so many people move or even leave the state that have money.

A lot of us have jobs and work full time and still do this. Support candidates and make a difference. My primary turned into hitting major roadways in key neighborhoods for signs. Couldn't get them everywhere like the incumbents.
    Incumbents have name recognition and in the case of the Dems a much disciplined machine supporting them. But we can change this with groups like MD Shooters.

I was on MD Shooters from the beginning and the only candidate that I could tell. It took to just before the primary for people to begin talking with me. Now I am starting to get support from here. This is personally frustrating as I thought I would get support from my two areas of interest; my church and my gun brethren. My church is on board, but need more help from you guys. I will meet anytime and discuss issues and to be educated. No one knows it all.

If you guys each sent a candidate $50 or $25 you would be heard. I promise money talks in politics.

So I appreciate all you guys are doing and hope you will check me out and come join our team. We need new leadership.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Here is a Bump

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Supposed to settle on new "old" house in Pensyltucky 30th of this month. Will do a LOT of roadrunning till this house is emptied and sold. Not really THAT much between them (states) I don't think other than 2A rights. So on my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.:thumbsup::cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom