Lexington Park Highest Income City in the USA!!??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'd like to know how they came up with this crazy fact. I mean I know alot of people that work at PAX make good money and we do have alot of DC commuters but to my knowledge absolutely none of them reside in LP City. I guess if they visited it at 2300 on a sat night they may have reviewed their assessment lol. Maybe they meant St. Marys county when they said Lexington Park?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/slidesho...ies-with-highest-income-levels-in-us/#slide=2

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The Lexington park Zipcode goes from north of San Souci all the way down to Dameron.

It's a pretty big area, believe it or not.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    Not completely out of the question given number of high paying jobs held by retired military ... most I know pull in over $225K a-year

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mustang69

mustang69
    Nov 6, 2011
    Great Mills MD
    They must be including other zip codes.....definitely included Hollywood and leonardtown. I live right in the heart of LP city on great mills rd. There is easily 2 or 3 times as much section 8 housing in and around LP (exp nearest to PAX) then there is normal housing. I guess if you take all the homies welfare checks and add them up we might just be the richest state in the whole world:lol2: THANKS OBAMA

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I can believe it, though. Consider:
    a. The population of St. Mary's County is almost exactly 100,000.
    b. The base employs more than 30,000 people. It really is the engine of the local economy.
    c. Even discounting for the folks who live in Calvert Co., at least 20,000 people - one quarter of the adult population - works on base.
    d. Most of those jobs are professional, paying $80-$120K/year. Toss in military retirees collecting retirement pay, and you have a very high average income.

May 13, 2005
    Not completely out of the question given number of high paying jobs held by retired military ... most I know pull in over $225K a-year

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

F - Me. Most you know pull in 225K+ a year? that's insane. I need to pimp out my skills a little better...:envy:

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I can believe it, though. Consider:
    a. The population of St. Mary's County is almost exactly 100,000.
    b. The base employs more than 30,000 people. It really is the engine of the local economy.
    c. Even discounting for the folks who live in Calvert Co., at least 20,000 people - one quarter of the adult population - works on base.
    d. Most of those jobs are professional, paying $80-$120K/year. Toss in military retirees collecting retirement pay, and you have a very high average income.

The base is closer to half the population in b. above.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I doubt it. The old Naval Air Test Center employed 12,000...before the consolidation of NAVAIR HQ and NADC at Pax.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    F - Me. Most you know pull in 225K+ a year? that's insane. I need to pimp out my skills a little better...:envy:

You will have to work on your dexterity, and agility.

Taking it in every orifice at the same time requires skill, otherwise you will wind up in the fetal position afterwards feeling cheap and used. :innocent0

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Almost exactly 18K according to the NAVAIR Web page, but I'm not sure if that includes the contractors working out in town.

Not that it matters. The point is that this area doesn't have that many people making super-big money...but a significant proportion making $100k/year.

May 13, 2005
    You will have to work on your dexterity, and agility.

Taking it in every orifice at the same time requires skill, otherwise you will wind up in the fetal position afterwards feeling cheap and used. :innocent0

Ummmmmm, OK. I think I'll stick to my current job. :eek: But, then again, that IS pretty good money. :D

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    The number is ever changing of course, but currently it's more like 19,000 on PAX proper with an additional 3,000 between Webster and Solomon's. Total is ~22k

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom