• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    When they made all the Sheriffs get the equipment to do the drivers licenses type making machines with photos the state allowed a $5 fee to allow the Sherriffs to pay for that new equipment. That $5 fee was given a date to expire. I missed removing that when it expired. Just caught up to that.

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    Stu has been the one person who has assisted Handgunlaw.us more than anyone else over the years. He keeps me STRAIGHT!!!!! My Thanks also Stu!!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    aw shucks fellas

Attachments

• the_bashful_dwarf_by_ifoxspirit-d5sfia1.jpg
      the_bashful_dwarf_by_ifoxspirit-d5sfia1.jpg
      43.2 KB · Views: 362

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I paid $20 last month, plus the 15 minutes to fill out the 1 page form.

I think I fed the meter in York $1 to pick up the permit but I over fed it because I was in and out in 10 minutes.

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    When PA went to the Plastic Card to be issued by all Sheriff's that is when they stopped taking apps by mail as you had to appear in person to get your photo taken. When the Legislature wrote the bill they put an additional $5 fee on the permits to allow the Sheriff's to pay for the equipment they had to purchase to issue the Drivers License type permits. That bill allowed for the $5 fee for 2 or 3 years and then it expired. It was a set time period. That is why I missed reducing the price as I forgot about the $5 fee expiring after a couple years on a certain date.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    When PA went to the Plastic Card to be issued by all Sheriff's that is when they stopped taking apps by mail as you had to appear in person to get your photo taken. When the Legislature wrote the bill they put an additional $5 fee on the permits to allow the Sheriff's to pay for the equipment they had to purchase to issue the Drivers License type permits. That bill allowed for the $5 fee for 2 or 3 years and then it expired. It was a set time period. That is why I missed reducing the price as I forgot about the $5 fee expiring after a couple years on a certain date.

I'm still lost.

I got my PA permit several years ago at $20, several members who have recently received PA permits also paid $20. Is the fee now $15?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I'm still lost.

I got my PA permit several years ago at $20, several members who have recently received PA permits also paid $20. Is the fee now $15?
    This. Not to mention Adams County still accepts applications by mail you just have to pick up in person to get your picture taken.

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    It was around 3/11 that you had to appear it person. That is when the $5 fee went into effect. You may have gotten your permit just before that date and when you renewed the fee was removed. The cost is $20. It may be that some Sheriffs didn't charge it. I don't know. But I do know a $5 fee was in the new law in 2011 that allowed the Sheriffs to charge an extra $5 fee to cover the cost of equipment and it had a sunset provision for that Fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom